This role is responsible to develop and implement processes that enable and ensure that carriers deliver to customer and industry standards. |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coach/mentor carriers on accident/injury analysis and completion.
2. Develop/facilitate safety and compliance training for their respective carriers. This will include safety meetings.
3. Ensure carrier action plans are completed in an appropriate timeline.
4. Accountable for risk assessment being completed on a quarterly basis.
5. Use incident data to conduct analysis to identify trends and implement solutions.
6. Located onsite at customer to observe the operation and to access personnel and to enforce safety standards.
7. Make recommendation to customer regarding on-site operations.
8. Track and report safety related metrics.
9. Act as liaison between customer and carriers to identify areas of concern and develop actions plans to deliver baseline compliance.
10. Responsible for incident tracking and root cause analysis.
11. Active participant in developing/providing direction to Operations leadership team, account leadership team, customer service, carrier and customer regarding safety.
12. Track carrier compliance to customer standards. Identify gaps. Work with carriers to close gaps.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. 3-5 years of successful experience in Operations or Customer Service management.
2. Able to work extended schedule to include some weekends
3. Experience using Microsoft software and data base management
4. Strong leadership skills - able to bring a group to consensus
5. Possess good judgment and sensitivity
6. Possess strong problem analysis - ability to understand data and identify trends
7. Able to foster a team environment
8. Strong self management - able to perform job functions with minimum supervision.
9. Bachelors Degree in Management, Logistics or business related field preferred.
Previous safety experience strongly desired.
Schneider National - 11 months ago
Schneider National Inc. is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Serving more than two-thirds of the FORTUNE...