Associated Spring has an exciting career opportunity for a Health, Safety & Environmental Affairs Coordinator at the Corry, PA Division. The candidate will work closely with the facility HS&E Manager to ensure the division is in compliance with all Federal and State regulations. If you are a high-energy, results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Responsible for assisting in the ongoing development and implementation of HS&E processes to ensure effective risk control and compliance with applicable local, state, federal and international laws, regulations and standards.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of HS&E procedures to protect employees and prevent incidents.
- Conducts job safety analyses, machine guarding, ergonomic and other assessments and recommends corrective actions to mitigate risk.
- Develops custom safety communications for the facility (e.g., Newsletters, Safety Alerts, etc.)
- Conducts required training as mandated by safety and environmental regulations and company policy (ex: Haz Com, Lockout/Tagout, PPE, Ergonomics, Machine Guarding, Electrical Safety, etc.).
- Collect data and prepare environmental, health and safety reports, such as air emissions, hazard waste, storm water, tier II and accident/incident reports.
- Participate in and facilitate HS&E audits, front-end process engineering events focusing on risk assessment, evaluation of new processes, and review of facility layouts for potential HS&E issues.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative industrial hygiene assessments and provide site-level HS&E training.
- Coordinates annual audiometric testing and dosimetry and associated training.
- Ensures that Sub-contractors participate in all aspects of the Contractor HS&E program, verifying training/certifications.
- Contributes to continuous improvement activities (Lean, Quality, etc).
- One to three years of HS&E experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Education and experience in HS&E programs; requires understanding of HS&E regulations and standards (e.g., OSHA).
- Ability to partner effectively with the line organization to drive accountability for safety and zero incident mentality.
- Team player with a strong commitment to the HS&E profession.
- High degree of accuracy and attention and attention to detail. Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Develops effective working relationships which foster integrity, trust and respect.
- Union environment experience in background is desired.
- Bachelors Degree in HSE related field (e.g., Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene)
Barnes Group, Inc. - 15 months ago