Division: Production & Supply
Function: HSE & Q, Security
City: St. Gabriel
State/Province: Louisiana [LA]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Health, Safety & Security Group Leader
Job ID: 3923
- To ensure compliance with local, state, and federal Health, Safety, and Security regulations as well as adherence to site and company HS&S policies and procedures. Provide HS&S support St. Gabriel production facility. Direct the development of personnel and systems in the department to deliver a high performance organization.
- Champion HS&S compliance Support the manufacturing process in driving improvements
- Ensure standards are being met through personal accountability, participation, and effective systems
- Ensure sound processes for identification, evaluation and clear communication of HS&S risks to site and region
- Maintain compliance with all aspects of the Process Safety Management and RMP Standards
- Ensure active awareness and reward/recognition programs exist and encourage a high level of employee involvement.
- Establish clear, simple, procedures for the St. Gabriel facility for both employees and contractors
- Benchmark other HS&S systems and ensure efficient, flexible, cost effective systems
- Establish audits of HS&S systems to ensure consistency and compliance
- Act as site HS&S liaison in correspondence with regulatory agencies and business organizations
- Proactively evaluate legislative changes and communicate impact to operations
- Ensure facility has the ability to respond to any probable emergency; effectiveness of the crisis management system
- Ensure and facilitate thorough investigation of incidents and sharing of lessons learned Develop dynamic HS&S training systems
- Establish HS&S Goals and Objectives for site
- Actively support the development of people through career and succession planning Lead participation in OSHA Voluntary Protection Program
- Participate as member of Site Leadership Team
- Support and participate in regional or global HS&S improvement processes
- Actively support site strategy; be an advocate and motivator for the site
- Number of direct reports: 3, Number of indirect reports: 2
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
- Thorough knowledge and application of the OSHA and DHS regulations.
Critical knowledge: :
- Incumbent must possess, at a minimum, B.S. degree in Science or Engineering. Expert knowledge of Safety, Health, and Security programs within the Chemical or Agro-Chemical industry.8-10 years in the HS&S field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a chemical facility.
- 8-10 years in the HS&S field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a chemical facility.
- Strong knowledge of Root Cause Analysis tools (ABS, Apollo or similar)Knowledge and use of Lean Manufacturing Tools and processes. Team building, change management, and cost management.
- Previous management experience and leadership driving change and continuous improvement.
Critical technical, professional, & personal capabilities:
- Team building and change management skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a matrix organization with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to wear multiple hats within the organization
- Simplification of complex information and the ability to communicate the situation
- Adaptability, Tenacity, Thoroughness, Independence, and Concern for Impact
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Manages performance to high standards
- Recognizes and celebrates success
- Communicates inspirationally
- Develops self and others
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Support Production & Supply integration and manage impact to HS&S organization
- Effectively manage new business systems (SBS) and ways of working to minimize any negative impact to existing HS&S systems
- Build strong working relationships based on trust and integrity
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Travel =10%
- Must sign a Non-Compete if offered this position.
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...