Works with the Health & Safety Manager in planning,
developing and, administering an effective Health &
Safety management program at the site. Acts as the site
Health & Safety Manager during Manager’s absence.
programs and policies, owning those programs
- Develops, coordinates and promotes safety & health
assigned by the site Health & Safety Manager. This
includes interpreting government and corporate
health & safety regulations and policies for the
plant. The Health & Safety Specialist will have the
same authority for assigned programs as the Health &
employees, supervisors and managers.
- Develops and delivers safety & health training to
employees to identify and eliminate unsafe
- Coordinates with managers, supervisors and other
conditions & practices throughout the plant.
assigned by Health & Safety Manager.
- Lead health & safety inspections for areas
submitted by managers.
- Approve and coordinate corrective action plans
investigation of safety incidents, including root
- Provides technical guidance to supervisors in the
cause analysis and corrective actions to prevent
recurrence. Leads investigation on serious incidents
installation of new machinery or equipment to ensure
- Review plans and specifications for construction and
all safety requirements are met, including authority
to sign-off/approve new and relocated
reduce employees' exposure to chemical,
- Recommend and specify safety features that will
physical, and biological work hazards.
- Direct the installation of safety devices on
temperature, and/or radiation levels to verify
- Conduct or direct testing of air quality, noise,
compliance with health and safety regulations.
Expertise teams as assigned by the Corporate
- Lead and/or participate on corporate EHS Center of
- Will perform other duties as assigned by Health &
Safety, Engineering or other science-related field
- BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health &
or equivalent experience and technical training
science-related field in a manufacturing setting is
- 1-3 years experience in an Safety or other
excellent interpersonal skills with all employee
- The ideal candidate will be self-driven; possess
levels; have experience in handling EHS compliance
issues, including evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA
and DOT regulations and NFPA and ANSI standards;
with OSHA reporting and recordkeeping experience.
technical writing, training, analytical, time
- Required skills include: strong communication,
management and organizational skills.
Division/Department : SoloCup
Solo Cup is not just the maker of the iconic red solo cup, it's a major player in the disposable consumer products industry. The...