The Health Assister will provide education and outreach for the Montgomery County Health & Human Services Connector Entity Program. The Connector Entity Program will educate and enroll Maryland residents & small business groups in health insurance options through the Maryland Health Connection. This position must attend and pass training provided by the State. Please note that the position is grant funded and may only be available for up to one year.
- Very knowledgeable of the health care environment and understanding of medical insurance process.
- Ability to be self-directed and interact professionally across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to communicate with partner organizations, providers and customers.
- Conduct education and outreach to uninsured individuals.
- Distribute information about Marylands health insurance exchange, including eligibility requirements for applicable federal premium subsidies and cost sharing assistance; eligibility requirements for Medicaid and Maryland Childrens Health Plan (MCHP); and how to enroll in Medicaid, MCHP, or Qualified Health Plans (QHP) in the exchange.
- Determine eligibility and facilitate plan selection based upon the needs of the individual/family and assist with application submission.
- Assist with application submission for initial eligibility determinations and redeterminations for Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC), cost sharing reduction (CSR), Maryland Medicaid, and MCHP. Facilitate referrals to appropriate agencies; providing on-going support with respect to eligibility and enrollment in Maryland Medicaid and (MCHP).
- Provide all information and services in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate and ensures accessibility for individuals with disabilities throughout the region.
- Frequent and extensive travel throughout both Montgomery County and Prince George's County.
- Other duties as assigned.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with clients, customers or in a community outreach role
- Must successfully attend and complete training provided by the State.
- Experience in benefit eligibility or enrollment and/or work experience as an Enrollment Service Representative preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Adobe PDF Professional.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to interact with co-workers and clients face-to-face and in meeting settings is required.
- Bilingual Proficiency in one or more of the following languages is a plus: Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, French, Kru, Ibo, and Yoruba.
- Must own a reliable car and have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Community Clinic Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard