It’s a great time to put the strength of Coventry Health Care behind your career!
Coventry Health Care is a $12 billion growth oriented national managed health care company based in Bethesda, MD with 14,000 employees in 48 states. We provide a full range of risk and fee-based managed care products and services to a broad cross section of employer and government-funded groups, government agencies, and other insurance carriers and administrators.
We are currently searching for a Health Care Analyst who will collect data and provides analyses for a broad array of issues. Carries out detailed tasks assigned by project teams. May work independently or as a part of a project team. Contributes to problem solving, process design and analytical support.
The ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES of this position are:
- Assists in the identification of key business issues. Evaluates and distills analyses conducted by other departments and/or outside consultants.
- Utilizes data gathering tools, such as surveys/questionnaires, work sampling, financial modeling, and interview questions, to ensure that appropriate quantitative and qualitative data is gathered for the analyses. Extracts data from appropriate source for analysis and interpretation.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses on a broad array of issues across disciplines, projects and functional areas as assigned.
- Prepares preliminary interpretations of analyses for project teams, clients, and/or department management. Recommends suggested action steps based on the analysis results.
- Prepares reports in accordance with the analytical results. Follows through any further actions based on the results using sound business judgment.
- Assists in the development of project proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the assigned projects.
- Automates production reports to streamline processes where required. Works with users to identify critical decision steps.
- Performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidates will posssess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous (2-5 years) related analytical and/or consulting experience required.
- Demonstrates solid analytical skills, self initiative and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal, and presentation.
- Proficient with PC applications including spreadsheet, word processing, and graphics packages.
CHC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
Interested individuals can review the full Job Description and apply on line at http://jobs.coventryhealthcare.com/ . Click on the On Line Career Center for details. Please use Job Requisition # 1311582.
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
Primary Location: Overland Prk, KS, US
Other Locations: Omaha-Nebraska-United States,St. Louis-Missouri-United States
Organization: 10000 - Coventry Health Care - Corp
Job Posting: 2013-05-14 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1311582
Coventry Health Care - 16 months ago
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...