Health Care Consultant
Brown Smith Wallace LLC , a forward-thinking, growing and progressive CPA and consulting firm headquartered in St. Louis, MO, seeks a Health Care Consultant to join our Family! The Firm was recognized nationally for the fourth time in five years as a Best Accounting Firm to Work For in 2012 by Accounting Today , the premier news vehicle for the profession. Brown Smith Wallace is the only locally based firm to have received this recognition multiple times, including the past three consecutive years. The firm also received the inaugural Work/Life Balance Impact Award presented by the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants in 2009. Finally in 2012, we were named by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as a “Top Workplace”. We have over 200 staff members based in three offices across the St. Louis region (St. Louis, St. Charles, MO and Glen Carbon, IL).
Qualified candidates should be seeking to be part of a continually growing firm and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment with talented professionals.
Conducts organizational studies and evaluations, designs systems and procedures, and prepares informative manuals to assist healthcare organizations and hospitals in managing their healthcare system more efficiently and effectively.
- Manages and performs analyses within the scope of the project from the simple to the complex. Designs an approach to address client and project objectives. Determine the resources needed to complete the project.
- Leads teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members
- Create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, encourage team dialogue; provide candid, meaningful and timely feedback.
- Collaborates directly with clients, identifying and addressing client needs through building, maintaining and utilizing solid networks of client relationships and community involvement.
- Communicates the value proposition of a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner and being recognized and respected by clients as a knowledgeable valued professional, emphasizing the identification, pursuit, and subsequent revenue-generating opportunities awarded.
- Facilitates staff as they evaluate internal controls design; identify key risks and controls, develop and or review audit programs, benchmark financial and operational processes and controls as well as perform controls optimization.
- Manages resource requirements, project economics (including budgets, billing and collections) with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to leadership.
- Directs the creation of high quality deliverables to communicate to clients on the status of engagements, key issues and work plans.
- Successful applicants will be engaged across multiple audits and consulting projects and will participate in service delivery with a focus on making a positive impact on our clients’ operations and risk management practices.
- Manages company relationships by becoming the trusted advisor to the CEO and the Board.
- Superior consulting and analytic skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel to clients domestically (25%)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, passion to be a leader in the healthcare industry
- Experienced and confident in delivering client presentations
- Ability to work with both client executives and staff
- Ability to work independently and to lead engagements
- Business development/sales experience
- Masters degree
- Previous leadership experience in health care industry organization
- Working towards CPA
- Health care audit experience
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
Brown Smith Wallace - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Brown Smith Wallace is a full-service CPA and business consulting firm that makes A Measurable Differencefor you, our clients.