Health Care Custodian
Requisition Number: 9013 Reg/Temp Temporary
Employment Type: Part-Time Shift Rotating
Work Schedule: .. Location Name Univ Neuropsychiatric Inst
City: SALT LAKE CITY State UT
Department: UNI CST 93C ENVRNMTL SRVCS
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
This position performs various cleaning tasks to provide all staff, visitors and patients a safe and clean environment by maintaining standards of cleanliness, sanitation and freedom from hazards and infections.
This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
- Sweeps, cleans, mops, scrubs and dusts floors.
- Cleans toilets, basins, showers, bathtubs, patient beds and scrubs walls; dusts, cleans and vacuums furniture, fixtures doors and related furnishings by using appropriate cleaning supplies.
- Operates and maintains electric floor machines, snow blowers, industrial vacuums, carpet shampooing equipment and upholstery shampooing equipment.
- Cleans, refinishes and maintains a variety of floor coverings.
- Cleans patient rooms, beds, waiting areas and examination tables.
- Labels and removes infectious waste bags and containers.
- Transports custodial supplies and equipment to and from storage and work areas.
- Replaces sharp containers, transports trash and refuse, removes empty boxes and organizes closets.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- This position has the authority to experience a certain degree of autonomy in simply “keeping up” an assigned area under their jurisdiction, making independent judgments on needed activities and projects.
- Incumbents may function as a team leader on specific assignments or activities involving personnel of the same job classification.
- Challenges encountered in this position include working around patients, visitors and staff without causing any disruptions. For instance, the incumbent may have to decide whether or not to proceed with cleaning a patient’s room if the patient has visitors. Another challenge faced by incumbents is working with patient care units and other departments with specialized cleaning needs and hazards.
- The Health Care Custodian is challenged to determine if chemical spills are medical, infectious or a routine spill and then the appropriate procedure to follow in disposing of the spill.
- Entry level position.
- Dependent upon assigned department, a valid Utah driver’s license may be required.
- Six months of related experience.
University of Utah Health
- 2 years ago - save job
University of Utah Health Care is the Intermountain West’s only academic health care system, combining excellence in patient care, the...