The Health Care Informatics Analyst II will develop reporting and analytical work around the implementation , and ongoing utilization of ICD-10 CM and ICD-10-PCS. Will be directly responsible for the design, development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of all data analysis related to the implementation of ICD 10 , including physician reimbursement methodologies, and risk assessment methodologies. Will provide CDPHP with the analysis of the impact of ICD-10 on current reimbursement contractual relationships, risk assessment methodologies, and quality reporting processes and applications, including HEDIS. Will also help coordinate user acceptance testing and validation of analytic applications dependent upon, or utilizing ICD-10, including coordinating activities with external vendors. May lead the activities of other analysts within corporate analytics in support of these objectives. Will also serve as ICD 10 expert for Informatics team, and provide education, and guidance on the proper utilization of ICD-10 in analysis activities, and stay informed on changes to ICD-10, ongoing, and serve as lead for the Informatics department /corporate analytics in assessing the impact of ICD-10 changes.
- Bachelors’ degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Math, Actuarial Science or Business Administration required. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years experience developing and analyzing medical cost data and working with healthcare data is required. Previous experience in a healthcare or Managed Care setting preferred. Project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytic skill strength and ability to think strategically is required. Analytical software such as Access, Excel experience required. Structured Query Language (SQL) tool, SAS experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, HCPC’s, RBRV’s, UB04, HCFA 1500, DRG, APC, APG coding and reimbursement is required. Demonstrated knowledge of ICD-9, and upcoming ICD-10 changes required.
- Working knowledge of statistics, and forecasting techniques.
Salary Grade: 16