Company: Breckenridge Village of Tyler
Position: Health Center Assistant
Assignment: ICF-IID Program
Reports to: ICF-IID Nurse
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Shift: 9:00am – 3:00pm (4 days per week)
Pay Grade: 2A
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: Must have good organizational and communication skills, experience working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities. Must be competent and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Critical Action Items:
1. Be able to perform clerical duties, including but not limited to transcribing physician's notes, developing and maintaining accurate MARS for each resident, and carrying out all treatment orders as directed by the physician.
2. Be responsible for various health care services for ICF-IID residents including communication with health care providers and with parents and guardians of ICF-IID residents.
3. Provide required facility documentation and reporting in a timely manner to meet DADS standards.
4. Communicate with pharmacies on ordering prescription medications, check medication deliveries for accuracy and compliance with doctor's orders.
5. Maintain adequate medication supplies for each ICF-IID resident, monitors and administer medications, charting and storage of medication.
6. Transport or arrange for the transport of ICF-IID residents to health care appointments including doctor's visits, dental checkups, therapies, tests, and other procedures.
7. Complete daily nursing clerical duties including but not limited to charting, scheduling of appointments, tracking appointments, routine observations, progress notes, annual and quarterly reports, and monthly MARS.
8. Maintain health care records relevant to injuries, surgeries, dental exams, lab results, prescriptions, immunizations, monthly weight checks, and blood pressure checks.
9. Maintain annual proof of negative TB testing for all ICF-IID BVT staff and residents.
10. Maintain confidentiality of health care records and information in keeping with HIPPA requirements and BVT confidentiality policy and procedures. Ensure that health care information is transmitted and release only as specifically authorized by BVT policy and HIPPA mandates.
1. Fulfill medical responsibilities in compliance with our regulatory authority, DADS.
2. Transport ICF-IID residents to health care appointments.
1. Relates to each resident as a person of ability and strength rather than as a person of disability.
2. Other job duties as assigned by ICF-IID Program Director and RN.
BCFS - 20 months ago
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...