The Health Center Manager is accountable for overseeing the daily health center operations and ensuring implementation and compliance with all HealthPoint policies, procedures and special projects. This position is accountable for budget, staffing, training, liability issues, documentation, and prioritization of clinic flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all health center day-to-day operations.
- Establish priorities and guidelines for maintaining efficient and expedient workflow for the health center.
- Establish and manage overall budget/fiscal responsibility of health center.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, employee relations, recognition and training of all health center staff.
- Responsible for overseeing the health center’s plan for meeting managed care utilization and productivity goals and collaboratives.
- Responsible for monitoring patient care and overseeing and managing patient tracking, patient records management, data collection and risk management systems.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring strategies for encouraging staff to maintain a positive attitude and professional behavior. When necessary, facilitate resolution of problems and issues in a team-centered atmosphere.
- Provide assistance in creating, updating, distributing and retaining HealthPoint’s policies, procedures and other informational items.
- Facilitate site meetings, in-service meetings, center events and health fairs; attend and participate in management meetings, community partner meetings, organizational committees and task force activities as required.
- Monitor and ensure adequate stock of supplies, including all medicines and equipment, in accordance to health center census.
- Delegate to staff as deemed necessary to ensure smooth operations and scheduling of health center.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthPoint and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into appropriate programs and services.
Education And/Or Experience
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for staff and leads.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university and five to eight years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.