The primary function of this position is to provide phone-based coaching, education and support to members utilizing Healthyroads programs. This position includes providing supportive accountability to members around the member’s health-related goals and developing a plan with members to reach those goals and sustain lasting behavioral changes gained through participation in Healthyroads programs.
· After receiving program specific training and following clinical protocol and corporate policies and procedures provide phone-based coaching and education in all of the Healthyroads programs to enrolled members as outlined in corporate policy, including initial and annual health status assessments.
· Schedules phone calls to meet department productivity expectations or as required to meet program performance and quality standards.
· Using evidence based coaching skills, works with members to set health related goals and develop and implement effective strategies to reach those goals.
· Creates and sustains a supportive member-focused environment for behavior change.
· Assures all communication logs from the Case Review team are acknowledged and instructions implemented. Acknowledges and implements all program modifications resulting from case review final determinations.
· Manages time to ensure that appointments are kept and appropriate follow-up is done in a timely manner.
· Meets or exceeds company performance standards related to customer satisfaction, response time and positive clinical and behavioral outcomes.
· Manages time to assure analysis and customized reports go out to members in a timely manner and according to department performance standards.
· Using Healthyroads electronic systems, documents member goals, clinical data, behavioral outcomes, and administrative details of all assigned members.
· Gathers detailed and accurate information on assigned members and enters data into Healthyroads electronic systems and communication logs, including the Healthyroads triage system.
· Maintains thorough, up-to-date and confidential records of all telephone sessions with members.
· Answe rs questions submitted by assigned members both online, via v-mail, or via the ask-a-coach service.
· Sends letters and faxes to physician’s offices or other referral sources as required by client contract or department protocol.
· Maintains confidentiality of all files and records.
· Bachelor’s d egree in a health-related field (e.g. psychology, health education, exercise science, nutrition) required.
· Additional job-related and company approved certifications (e.g. in health education, coaching, nutrition, exercise or mind body) preferred.
· Coaching experience a plus.
· Complete Healthyroads New Coach training within first 30 days of employment including reading and other assignments.
· Proven organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to create and sustain a supportive client-focused environment for behavior change.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical issues based on information relayed/gathered, team and member relationships, and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
· Ability to effectively utilize empathy and motivational coaching techniques to help members. overcome challenges and achieve health-related goals.
· Ability to tailor coaching and support services to a diverse customer base.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility, within region, and nationally by car and plane as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 8 months ago