The primary function of this position is to provide phone-based coaching, education and support to members utilizing Healthyroads programs. This position includes providing supportive accountability to members around the member’s health-related goals and developing a plan with members to reach those goals. This position includes reviewing member files for medical risk issues within primary education and training, and developing a plan to help assure safe program participation related to those issues, communicating with others responsible for member safe program participation, and following through on program plan with each assigned member.
· After receiving program specific training and following clinical protocol and corporate policies and procedures, provide phone-based coaching and education in all of the Healthyroads programs to members with or without “high risk” medical conditions as outlined in corporate policy, including initial and annual health status assessments.
· Schedules phone calls to meet department productivity expectations or as required to meet program performance and quality standards.
· Using evidence based coaching skills, works with members to set health related goals and develop and implement effective strategies to reach those goals
· Creates and sustains a supportive member-focused environment for behavior change
· Acknowledges and implements all program modifications resulting from case review final determinations.
· Manages time to ensure that appointments are kept and appropriate follow-up is done in a timely manner
· Meets or exceeds company performance standards related to customer satisfaction, response time and positive clinical and behavioral outcomes
· Manages time to assure analysis and customized reports go out to members in a timely manner and according to department performance standards.
· Using Healthyroads electronic systems, documents member goals, clinical data, behavioral outcomes, and administrative details of all assigned members.
· Gathers detailed and accurate information on assigned members and enters data into Healthyroads electronic systems and communication logs, including the Healthyroads triage system.
· Enter member data into triage system and present members at weekly case review meetings as requested and according to department protocols and procedures.
· Maintain thorough, up-to-date and confidential records of telephone sessions with members
· Answe rs questions submitted by assigned members both online, via v-mail, or via the ask-a-coach service.
· Sends letters and faxes to physician’s offices or other referral sources as required by client contract or department protocol.
· Sends outbound referrals as appropriate and assures outgoing forms and secure emails are delivered per dept and company privacy and security protocols.
· Documents all outbound referral requests and communications as appropriate in communication logs.
· Maintains confidentiality of all files and records.
· Authors content for newsletters, website articles, and other projects.
· Participates in Triage as requested
· Serves as Case Review Liaison for specific client groups as requested
· Registered dietitian or other health care professional with a master’s degree in a health related field (e.g. nutrition, exercise, behavioral health, social work, counseling, etc.) required;
· Additional job-related and company approved certifications (e.g. coaching, counseling, health education, nutrition, exercise, or mind body) preferred.
· Clinical experience beyond education and training, in area of professional education including experience working in active referral systems.
· Health education/coaching experience in the area of nutrition, weight management, physical fitness/exercise, tobacco cessation, and/or relaxation skills (mind/body techniques) a plus.
· Complete Healthyroads New Coach training within first 30 days of employment including reading and other homework assignments.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to create and sustain a supportive client-focused environment for behavior change.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and ex ternal customers.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time to meet all responsibilities.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical issues based on information relayed/gathered, team and member relationships, and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively utilize empathy and motivational coaching techniques to help members. overcome challenges and achieve health-related goals.
· Ability to tailor coaching and support services to a diverse customer base.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within and outside the facility including by airplane when requested. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environment Conditions: Usual office setting.