The primary function of this position is to supervise staff insuring that phone sessions are conducted in a manner to avoid member service issues and result in a positive behavior change outcome for the member. Assure member phone sessions are conducted on time and in a professional manner. Assure member phone sessions are documented correctly and without error. Handle member complaints and grievances as they relate to coach member interactions. Provide support to department management team for all member complaints and grievances. Conveys clear and concise messages appropriate to intended audience; represents ASH in a professional manner through effective oral and written communication.
· Evaluates productivity and quality and reports results for team and individuals, recommends corrective actions and identifies process improvements. Participates in hiring, training and retaining high performance team members, develop skills and competencies of team members in support of current position and career goals and provides ongoing mentoring and training.
· Silent Monitor staff to maintain quality and accuracy of information as well as coaching technique.
· Meet with each educator as needed to review performance and assure staff development issues are addressed.
· Prepare annual performance evaluations to be delivered timely.
· Creates environment that fosters teamwork, motivation, morale and commitment of staff.
· Assist staff with phone sessions as needed and resolve technical issues including taking difficult or escalated member calls.
· Handle difficult members if educator is asked by member to be transferred to supervisor.
· Research issues by interfacing with Department Management.
· Educate staff and assure compliance with all department and company policies and procedures.
· Ensure that coach team meets or exceeds all performance standards.
· Assign projects and oversee productivity.
· Following the clinical protocol, provide phone-based education and coaching for enrolled members, when needed.
· Assist clients in developing and implementing effective strategies to reach desired health-related goals.
· Create and sustain a supportive client-focused environment for behavior change.
· Gather detailed and accurate information on assigned clients and enter data into communication log
· Review client files and attend case review meetings as needed.
· Maintain thorough, up-to-date and confidential records of telephone sessions with clients.
· Manage time to ensure that appointments are kept and appropriate follow-up is done in a timely manner.
· Achieve and exceed company performance standards related to customer satisfaction, response time and positive clinical and education outcomes.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor d egree in a health-related field (e.g. psychology, health education, exercise science, nutrition); related certifications in health education, coaching, nutrition, exercise or mind body helpful.
· Minimum one year experience working in any Healthyroads discipline, health education/coaching experience in the area of nutrition, weight management, physical fitness/exercise, tobacco cessation, and/or relaxation skills (mind/body techniques).
· Minimum two years progressive experience performing mentoring and/or management duties in a health care or managed care environment.
· Experience coordinating projects, original writing of technical documents.
· Experience with routine medical therapy and working with medical doctors and in active referral systems a plus.
· Proficiency in MS Office and basic word processing skills.
· Demonstrated ability to create and sustain a supportive client-focused environment for behavior change, basic psychological acumen.
· Demonstrated delegation skills and ability to manage high functioning and professional teams in a clinical environment.
· Proven organizational skills, with the ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time and a heavy caseload.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers; and excellent telephone manner.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment; and effective written communication skills.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters, including maintaining thorough and confidential records of client progress.
Mobility - Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements – Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions - Usual office setting