Coach, educate, motivate and support a person with identified health risks to achieve health improvement.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develops a wellness coaching relationship and provide telephonic coaching services to members with a variety of health risks or conditions. [30%]
- Performs outbound calls to members regarding necessary care related to personal risk factors, and discuss value added services available to members. [30%]
- Promotes wellness, represent insurance plan and interact with members in various community venues and community-based programs. [10%]
- Utilizes assessment tools and motivational interviewing techniques to help determine member's goals, readiness to change and assist with developing an action plan. [10%]
- Assesses member's progression and provide additional support or information as needed. [10%]
- Develops and conducts onsite health-related wellness seminars and classes while enhancing relationships with internal and external clients to promote strong business partnerships. [10%]
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelors Degree (N/A)
- Strong understand of and comfort with motivational interviewing techniques.
- Understanding of the fundamental health behavior change theories. Knowledge of current trends and developments in health promotion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self directed and motivated. Able to work independently to achieve goals.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy level and ability to project enthusiasm.
- Persuasive communication style.
- Polished, professional image and reputation.
- Demonstrated personal accountability.
- Effective presentation skills. Ability to deliver professional level presentations.
- Customer service orientation and focus.
- MS Word - Intermediate, MS Excel, MS Access, Internet
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a variety of environments.
In a Health Science Field including registered nurse, exercise physiology, nutritionist, health promotion, health education or relevant field. * One to two (1-2) years experience in health coaching at an employer work-site, managed care company, scholastic setting or in a community environment
- Must be able to accommodate local travel. Valid drivers license and acceptable driving history required due to travel involved with this position (DMV check will be conducted to review candidate's driving record)
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
- Driver's License/DMV Check Required