Community Health, a Division of Wardenburg Health Center
has an opening and invites applications for a full-time Health Communications Coordinator.
This position serves as the Primary Health and Wellness and Health Communications Coordinator. In summary this position is fundamental in ensuring the incorporation of health and wellness information into comprehensive evidence based programming; manages the strategic communication of health information and information about Community Health resources and services; determines appropriate media platforms for dissemination; works with hourly student coordinators (workers) who educate students about health issues at CU; assesses and interprets health and wellness issues at CU; assists with the incorporation of health and wellness information in comprehensive evidence based programming; and researches and provides relevant health and wellness disparities information.
Job Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position are:
1. To provide programming, policy development and implementation of general health and wellness concepts by interpreting data, by remaining current in latest research and trends and serving as a resource and guide advising others in work group and the campus community.
2. To develop health promotion Health Communication Campaigns and marketing strategies by assessing needs, determining appropriateness of communication methods and designing campaign, both content and visual appeal.
- Will advise work group, committee members and other campus collaborators on the incorporation of health and wellness information into educational services and resources and development of policies and processes, may include, but not limited to, issues about stress (including chair massage), sleep, cold/flu prevention, nutrition, body image; tailors information to meet the needs of each individual and unique program based on audience (students, professional staff and/or community members) needs; will interpret data to understand relevant issues, reevaluate and develop more effective programmatic approaches and integrate new information; will contribute significantly to the departmental work group in the setting of priorities for departmental direction; staying abreast of current professional literature, trends and research to understand, share, and educate others to assist in the application of conceptual models or theories to programming, task forces, and health care providers at Wardenburg Health Center.
This is a full time position; hours vary according to projects and departmental needs and may include evening and occasional weekends. This position will work closely with 13-14 student employees and will provide feedback of their skills and abilities to their primary supervisor as are relevant to their position.
- This includes strategically overseeing the development and distribution of health information and Community Health marketing materials; and determining and making judgments about the best communication methods to use to support desired outcomes (i.e. increase awareness of resource, service or health information or to influence behavior choices). This includes working extensively with students in the development and design of all materials, including but not limited to video/podcast production and concerns about accessibility. This also includes analyzing a variety of health information, such as the NCHA-ACHA survey, YRBA survey and similar surveys to determine campus specific content.
Application Instructions: This position is open until filled. Applications submitted by June 11, 2012 will receive full consideration. Applications are accepted electronically at: www.jobsatcu.com, posting #817817.
Additional Posting Description
Required Education/Experience/Skills (Minimum Qualifications)
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in social/behavioral sciences, health sciences, community health, statistics, communications or other related field of study AND
- Two years of professional work experience in community/ public health, preferably in a higher education setting which must have included experience with evaluation and development of educational programming in health promotion. Familiarity with evidence informed practice is required.
- Must be proficient in a variety of media design applications such as, Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator), Final Cut Express, iMovie, garageband and social media applications and analytics. Position requires basic functional computer skills (experience with Windows based systems).
- Ability to represent the university in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy
- Strong oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others and adapts to the team to support team moral
- Pursues demanding goals, works through challenges to achieve success
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Takes account and demonstrates awareness of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the program
- Considers issues and opinions from a broad perspective and demonstrates ability to see issues from the point of view of other cultures
Special Instructions to Applicants
- A strong understanding of health disparities and knowledge of helping behaviors, behavior change theory and evidence-based practices in health promotion
- Demonstrated mastery of media design applications listed above plus Flash and Photoshop.
- A Master's degree in social/ behavioral sciences or health communication and experience with the evaluation and development of educational programming using health communication theory in health promotion for a college student population.
Application Instructions: Applications are accepted electronically at: www.jobsatcu.com, posting #817817, and must include:
1) A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
2) A current CV/resume
3) The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references
4) Please submit a short document specifying what media design applications you are proficient in.
5) Please submit a one page plan outlining a health communications campaign on a topic relevant to college students, tailored to the CU Boulder environment.
Application Deadline: Applications submitted by June 11, 2012 will receive full consideration.
Note: The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of a transcript or diploma copy.
If you have difficulties submitting application information, please contact the jobsatcu.com help desk at 1-855-216-7740, option 5
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is $ 45,000 to $60,000. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/pbs/. For additional information about the University of Colorado at Boulder, go to: www.colorado.edu/about/ataglance.html.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations for this position include a criminal history background check.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Employment Services at (303) 492-6475.
These documents are required to be uploaded
List of References
These documents are optional to be uploaded
Number of recommendation provider email addresses required to be entered in application:
Job Posting Contact
Job Posting Contact Telephone
Job Posting Contact Email
Job Posting Number
Quicklink for Posting
University of Colorado - 12 months ago
University of Colorado Hospital is the Rocky Mountain region's leading academic hospital, which means it is always among the first - and som...