The Public Health Institute is seeking a full time Health Educator III for Network for a Healthy California. The HEIII provides technical assistance and training to other campaigns and programs, as well as Network regional staff; participates in planning of meetings, trainings, teleconferences and webinars; attends related committees, meetings, and conferences; develops technical assistance tools and resources; provides expert review and develops physical activity material; prepares reports and other professional documents; and participates in program evaluation activities. This position is located in Sacramento, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance to regional contractors to ensure successful
accomplishment of Physical Activity Integration Program objectives and completion of
related scope of work activities. Provides physical activity-related technical expertise and emerging evidence based environmental and systems strategies that increase physical activity among adults and children to Physical Activity Specialists and local health department partners.
- Participates in the program related planning and execution of Regional Network
meetings and training sessions, including face-to-face meetings and monthly
teleconferences or webinars. Develops physical activity technical assistance tools for regional use.
- Provides technical assistance to other projects within the Network and sister
programs in CDPH to assist with integrating physical activity programs with nutrition
education, including the Network Community Development Units, Nutrition Education
Consultants, Communications Unit, and other campaigns and programs of the Fruit,
Vegetable, and Physical Activity Campaigns Unit.
- Participates in development and updating of physical activity materials and
messages. Provides expert review of the physical activity content for materials developed by other Network programs and by the Regional Networks.
- Contributes to the successful planning and execution of program evaluation
activities, including formative, process, and impact/outcome evaluation.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience required in related field.
- National Society for Physical Activity Practitioners in Public Health/American College of Sports Medicines Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist (PAPHS) Certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire is preferred.
- Excellent writing, analytic and presentation skills, including for professional, business, and low-literacy audiences .
- Ability to handle multiple projects and job responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
This is an exempt position and the salary is commensurate with experience.
Public Health Institute - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard