Altarum Institute, the lead agent in establishing and managing the Michigan Center for Effective IT Adoption (M-CEITA), is seeking a Health Informatics Analyst in our Information and Technology Strategies (ITS) practice area in Ann Arbor, MI. The ITS practice area develops and promotes best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytical objectivity, ITS works to increase access to health information, improve the organization and usability of health information and develop new knowledge from health information. The Health Informatics Analyst will contribute to the development, planning and execution of evaluation and technical assistance projects for federal and state clients.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI since 1946, our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
- Write and edit substantive sections of proposals and reports as well as provide input to other facets of proposals and reports.
- Complete and summarize literature review and web based research
- Develop and contribute to the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments and protocols including telephone, on-site interviews and focus groups
- Conduct activities and provide technical assistance to internal and external clients about data collection and management
- Present and interpret project findings for clients, conferences, and professional journals
- Collaborate in the preparation of databases, reports, and presentations
- Manage information related to project activities
* Masters degree in health informatics, information science, public health, public policy, or related field.
* 0-2 years of progressively responsible experience in fields contributing to a strong understanding of health care information technology applications and/or public health information systems.
* Analytical skills, ability and willingness to learn, and initiative.
* Experience with or supporting one of the following is a plus: State of Michigan, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, HHS; Military Health System; Veterans Health Administration.
* Very strong written and oral communication skills required.
* Must be able to work independently as well as part of a project team, with multiple communication channels.
* Knowledge of medical claims systems and/or Michigan Medicaid a plus.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 15 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...