Health Informatics Manager TCHS (Job Number: 010377) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for the day-to-day execution of the medical informatics function related to the Primary Care EHR platform and facilitates needed adaptation of the platform to fit the clinical and business needs of Take Care Health Systems. This role functions as the subject matter expert (SME) for the product and is focused on maximum adoption and utilization of the platform by clinical providers. Responsibilities include interfacing with the Implementation, Client Reporting, and training functions within Take Care. Ensures the documentation platform will adequately support clinical documentation needs as well as reporting needs for illustration of value to our clients.
- Works with Information Technology Services and platform vendor to ensure that the platform design and implementation plans appropriately support Primary Care delivery and other TCHS Programs, by TCHS clinicians, as well as provide reporting on those activities.
- Collaborates with Primary Care Medical Leadership to optimize electronic platform’s ability to support the implementation of best clinical primary care practices. Works with the Clinical Quality team and other Medical Leadership to optimize the platform’s ability to support the implementation of best practices for Disease Management Programs and other Wellness Programs.
- Provides operational leadership to the EHR Change Control Board (a governance board) to create consistency in EHR/Occ Health platform documentation and workflows that support optimum platform utilization.
- Chairs user advisory groups to provide broad-based input into the design of the clinical information system and to support excellence in patient care.
- Responsible for remaining current as to improvements in platform functionality, develops technical and application implementation strategies and assists in the development of strategic plans for clinical information systems. Develops strategies, policies, and guidelines (clinical and administrative, in cooperation with medical leadership) to correct, improve, or create innovative approaches to servicing the medical requirements of the client/account.
- Oversees and provides direction/recommendations for workflow and process improvement at all Primary Care sites.
- Responsible for assessing training and development needs of clinical staff in relation to electronic development of programs, products and services. Works collaboratively with application training team in refinement of clinical application training program for providers.
- Works collaboratively with Applications Training Team to keep them updated on optimal functionality of the EHR Platform so that they may provide comprehensive training to users.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of Health IT experience with Primary Care EHR platforms.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings, including preparation of agendas, documenting meeting minutes, sending out documents to attendees.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience using Electronic Health Record (EHR) programs/software.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Care related discipline.
- Experience in Primary Care medicine – electronic documentation platforms.
- At least 3 years of experience managing in a virtual environment.
- Experience in medical informatics.
- Functional knowledge of application base table configurations and their relationship to reporting.
- Experience in translating medical literature findings into operational programs.
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...