Altarum Institute, a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, is seeking a Health Information Technology (HIT) Business Analyst to support public health projects in concert with the State of Michigan. The successful candidate will work with Altarum’s Information & Technology Strategies (ITS) group in Lansing, MI in developing and promoting best practices in the application of information technology to health and healthcare. Applying systems research principles and analytical objectivity, ITS works to increase access to health information, improve the organization and usability of health information and develop new knowledge from health information. The Business Analyst will be engaged on multiple initiatives simultaneously and will work both independently with users to define concepts, and also under the direction of project managers to successfully complete project milestones.
- Perform functional and /or technical analytical tasks as part of a project team supporting large healthcare programs.
- Contribute to the development and planning of evaluation and technical assistance projects for Health Information Technology support to state clients.
- Conduct literature reviews and market scans of HIT implementation and use, maintaining current knowledge of HIT costs, benefits, risks and best practices.
- Plan and conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis including ROI, net benefit, breakeven analysis and prospective benefit modeling.
- Develop and contribute to the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments and protocols including telephone, on-site interviews and focus groups
- Present and interpret evaluation findings for clients, conferences, and professional journals.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Masters in Public Health, Business or Social Science or a Bachelor’s degree plus 2 to 5 years demonstrated relevant experience.
- Professional experience in Health Information Technology and knowledge of ICD-10, Electronic Medical Records, Personal Health Records, HIPAA, and other compliance related issues.
- Experience working with the public health system in Michigan is a significant plus.
- Significant professional experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
Altarum Institute integrates independent research and client-centered consulting to create comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health. With the rigor of the finest research institution, consulting skills honed over more than six decades, and an abiding commitment to the public interest, Altarum Institute enables better care and better health for all people.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We serve the public good, and enable others to do the same. We lead and we continuously learn, innovate and solve problems in our field. We promote the well-being of our employees and encourage a meaningful work-life balance.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Altarum Institute - 22 months ago