Altarum Institute, the lead agent in establishing and managing the Michigan Center for Effective IT Adoption (M-CEITA), is seeking an HIT Security and Risk Analyst in our Information and Technology Strategies (ITS) practice area. Applying systems research principles and analytical objectivity, ITS works to increase access to health information, improve the organization and usability of health information and develop new knowledge from health information. The successful candidate will use their expertise in the privacy and security of electronic health records (EHR) to conduct formal security risk assessments for physician offices and/or healthcare facilities, write comprehensive reports of findings and follow-up recommendations, and help clients navigate the implementation of these recommendations. This position will be based in our Ann Arbor, MI headquarters, but will involve approximately 50% travel to client sites in Michigan.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Conduct formal security risk assessments for physician offices and/or healthcare facilities, write comprehensive reports of findings and follow-up recommendations, and help clients navigate the implementation of these recommendations.
• Perform Risk Assessments for HIPAA Privacy and Security Audits within EHR deployments.
• Consult and mentor health care providers through Privacy and Security Audits.
• Evaluate and recommend HIPAA Privacy and Security training materials.
• Assist with the development and deployment of an enhanced Privacy and Security program for small provider offices.
Candidates for this position should possess the following:
• Deep understanding of the security and privacy policies and regulations involved in meeting requirements/standards in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act and Meaningful Use requirements.
• Experience helping hospitals, outpatient clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, group practices and/or physician offices with the design, implementation, and administration of comprehensive privacy protection programs.
• BS degree and/or a minimum of 2 years experience in health care, privacy and security, or health information technology.
• The ability to adapt to emerging situations and varied environments, and thrive in a client centric environment.
• Certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) or other security or privacy certification is a plus.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 17 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...