Examples of duties:
- Teach a range of subjects across the Health Information Technology and Administrative Support curriculum.
- Teach courses in day, evening, and alternate schedule formats utilizing traditional and alternative delivery methods and virtual learning environments.
- Design, develop and maintain current curriculum to meet industry and accreditation standards.
- Assist in maintaining and coordinating program professional accreditation through CAHIIM at the campus level, as well as academic accreditation through the State of Minnesota and other accrediting agencies.
- Provide academic advising to students.
- Contribute to department, division, and college goals, which provide the basis for program planning, implementation, evaluation and support.
- Work as a team member in maintaining a learning environment that effectively and efficiently meets the educational requirements of the diverse postsecondary student.
- Build and maintain professional and community business relationships.
- Participate in budget planning and fiscal management of department.
- Recruit program students and assist with job placement efforts.
· Program Accreditation Required: Bachelor’s degree in HIT, HIM or Allied Health related field; and
- Must qualify for MnSCU Credentialing in Medical Record Technology. For additional information regarding licensure requirements, please refer to the MnSCU Credentialing Website at: http://www.cfc.mnscu.edu/index.html
· Current certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
- Previous work/coding experience within health care information systems.
- Recent/relevant teaching/training experience.
- Current certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Masters degree in Health Information Management.
- Previous work experience in a post secondary institution.
- Additional professional work experience in a related field.
- Experience with learner outcomes assessment.
- Experience using alternative instruction techniques and delivery methods such as online education and a willingness to develop online courses.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners, students of color, students with disabilities and international students.
St. Cloud Technical & Community College - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard