As a member of the Insurance Package Team, you will be responsible for improving and aiding real-world, healthcare workflow problems. You will be part of an exciting team that supports key company objectives of reducing the complexities of “healthcare business” through research and maintenance of our health insurance information database. You will ensure that accurate processing is completed in order to adhere to established turn-around times.
To succeed you will need to be a strong analytical problem solver, have excellent attention to detail and be able to work with a vast amount of information in a fast paced setting. You should be able to strive in both independent and team environments and comfortable communicating and acting as a trusted advisor to both internal and external clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Responsible for owning, gathering and organizing payer knowledge in order to share with all stakeholders.
- Ability to manage daily volume of outbound calls to insurance companies, healthcare specialists or commercial businesses; for the purpose of obtaining payer requirement information.
- Become a go-to resource for in-depth understanding of the healthcare claim process, focusing on payer information
- Conduct payer outreach and research activities and maintain active payer relationships
- Prioritize, process, and resolve complex payer and client issues surrounding insurance package set up.
- Create and maintain infrastructure that minimize the risk of cash flow interruption for our clients; therefore, increasing our ability to “work smarter” and increase operational efficiency.
- Become athenahealth’s internal resource for investigation, communication, and management of complex payer and industry changes and their impact on the healthcare billing workflow
- Serve as liaison to internal/external stakeholders on payer and vendor related projects and implementations;
- Ensure that athenahealth remains at the forefront of industry and payer changes that impact the claim cycle and our clients’ ability to submit the cleanest claims in healthcare;
- Establish and Maintain relationships with payers, clearinghouses and other healthcare organizations;
- Become an active participant in athena’s teaching and learning culture
- Enforce commitment to athenahealth's Corporate Compliance Code; escalate compliance issues
Education and Experience Required:
- Ability to identify problems and see them through to resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical ability, and strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of the larger team.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks and challenges.
- Capacity to plan, prioritize, and shift focus rapidly
- Ability to instruct others, especially peers and clients to explain billing and process workflow concepts using clear communication.
- Ability to maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations;
- Professional attitude – comfortable working in a corporate setting populated by diverse types of people
- Strong computer literacy and/or the comfort, ability and desire to advance technically;
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office applications
athenahealth, Inc. - 18 months ago
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...