The Health Navigator, under the supervision of the Eligibility Manager, will provide outreach & enrollment assistance for the Montgomery County Department of Health & Human Services Connector Program. The Connector Program will educate and enroll uninsured Montgomery Country & Prince Georges County residents & small business groups in health insurance options through Maryland Health Connection. This position must obtain & maintain certification from the State. Please note this is a grant funded position and may only be available for up to one year.
- Very knowledgeable of the healthcare environment and understanding of medical insurance process.
- Ability to be self-directed and interact professionally across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to communicate with partner organizations, providers and customers.
- Conduct education & outreach to uninsured individuals & small businesses.
- Distribute information regarding Marylands health insurance exchange, including eligibility requirements for applicable federal tax subsidies and cost-sharing assistance; eligibility requirements for Medicaid and Maryland Childrens Health Plan (MCHP), and Qualified Health Plans (QHP); and how to enroll in Medicaid, MCHP or QHPs in the exchange.
- Distribute information regarding the Small Business Health Options Program(SHOP)
i. Options with respect to employer and employee choice;
ii. Procedures for enrolling in qualified plans;
iii. Procedures for enrolling in qualified plans;
- Facilitate plan selection based on the needs of the individual/family or the small business seeking health insurance coverage, assess tax implications and premium and cost-sharing requirements, application submission, renewal and disenrollment processes.
- Facilitate eligibility determinations for QHP, Medicaid, MCHP, SHOP, and premium tax subsidies.
- Provide referrals to appropriate agencies, including the Attorney Generals Health Education and Advocacy Unit (HEAU) and the Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA), for applicants and enrollees with grievances, complaints, questions, or the need for other social services.
- Provide all information and services in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate and ensures accessibility for individuals with disabilities throughout Montgomery and Prince Georges Counties.
- Provide on-going support to clients related to these functions.
- Frequent and extensive travel throughout both Montgomery County and Prince George's
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with clients, customers or in a community outreach role preferred.
- Must successfully complete Certification Training to be provided by the State of Maryland.
- Experience in benefit eligibility or enrollment and/or work experience as an Enrollment Service Representative preferred.
- Ability to community effectively orally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Adobe PDF Professional.
- Able to work independently.
- Bilingual proficiency (English / Spanish) is highly preferred; other languages are also highly desirable.
- Must own reliable car and valid drivers license.
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.