Under the direction of the Director of Health Policy & Health Services Research, the Health Policy Analyst researches and analyses health information to create objective, empirically-based fact sheets/reports about community health status and health policy/service delivery (utilization, costs, access and quality) in upstate New York. These reports are informative to healthcare system stakeholders and the public, and portray the company’s expertise on critical health issues. The Analyst advises policy team members and other Corporate Communications staff on potential data sources, health research methodology and clear public presentation of findings.
• Conducts critical assessment of available health/policy data sources for ongoing projects and to develop ideas for new topics. In defining potential future topics, outlines purpose, methodological approaches and resource needs. Surveys, analyzes and combines available information from various sources (government and other websites, publications, medical literature databases and others as needed) and presents findings to Corporate Communications leadership.
• Creates user-friendly analyses and data presentation on various topics as requested. Creates analytic results that can be readily peer reviewed.
• Manages, interprets and analyzes complex information from multiple sources and translates the results to user-friendly format for to internal customers, upstate media outlets and the public (apply technical expertise to customer service orientation).
• Collaborates with project team on data and editorial report review, verifying that data presentation and citation/attribution are unbiased, appropriate and accurate. Makes suggestions to the team about methods for clearly presenting complex information to the media and to the public.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in health services or public policy research, epidemiology, or related field and three years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of degree, a minimum of seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Familiarity with research methods, statistical issues (selection/data collection methods, sample size/power, precision/confidence intervals, bias, validity, reliability) and accurate, appropriate results presentation.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of health data collection, analysis and presentation methods. Competence in software, including (not limited to) pc-SAS and SAS Enterprise Guide, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Adobe Acrobat X Standard preferred.
• Working knowledge of electronic public health/health policy-related resources. Ability to research and synthesize information and clearly define issues of strategic and/or public health importance.
• Sharp attention to detail (high accuracy) in reviewing and verifying figures/calculations, correct interpretation and proper attribution.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong, flexible written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Adaptability to business developments and ability to work under pressure.
• High level of self-motivation/initiative in meeting current and planning for future data needs.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer