Responsible for promoting and protecting employee health, by providing direct services to area employers and their workforce employees, including MaineGeneral Health and its subsidiaries. Works with employers’ wellness teams to educate, establish goals and work plans, and create policies and environments that support positive health behaviors aimed at enhancing health and productivity and controlling costs.
- 1 year or more of related experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education or related field is required.
- BLS certification is required within 3 months of hire.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) is preferred.
- Tobacco Cessation Specialist (TCS) is preferred.
- Formal worksite wellness certification/training is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, effective time management and problem solving skills, able to manage multiple priorities.
- Computer skills including prior use of electronic medical record.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Must have confident and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to react calmly, objectively and effectively in emergency situations.
- Excellent leadership and human relations skills required to lead and direct staff.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills required to write and communicate various reports.
- Requires the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks .
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
MaineGeneral Health - 2 years ago