This position is located in Spokane, Washington. Downtown office
Organizes and evaluates patient medical records. Reviews medical records for accuracy and completeness. Responsible for filing and retrieving medical records. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. P erforms other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Two years previous medical office or medical record experience preferred. Completion of advanced medical terminology course preferred or expressed willingness to take the course. Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge of office operation and proficiency in computer applications related to position duties with a variety of software.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.