The AIR Health Policy and Research (HPR) group specializes in research, evaluation, policy analysis, measurement, performance management, and technical assistance in the areas of health services organization, quality of care, quality of life, consumer engagement, health communication, financing and cost of care, and behavioral health (i.e., substance abuse and mental health). HPR’s major clients include the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), private foundations, and state governments.
We have an opportunity for a Health Research Assistant to join our team in our San Mateo, CA office.
The Research Assistant will provide support to the HPR staff on a variety of research and operations-related topics to include literature searches, data collection, analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, report preparation and management of budgets and schedules for proposals and projects.
1. Provide research support on HPR projects, including literature searches, data collection (from focus groups, interviews, secondary/archival sources, and surveys), analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, and report preparation.
2. Provide managerial support on HPR projects, including managing project budgets and schedules, project-related meeting and travel arrangements, and interactions with clients.
3. Coordinate proposals, including ensuring all deadlines are met and all sections of the proposal are complete.
1. BA or BS degree.
2. 0-2 years of experience – preferably in a health-related field.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
5. Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
6. Acute attention to detail and strong work ethic.
7. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
American Institutes for Research - 11 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...