The AIR Health Policy and Research (HPR) group specializes in research, evaluation, policy analysis, measurement, performance management, and technical assistance in the areas of health services organization, quality of care, quality of life, consumer engagement, health communication, financing and cost of care, and behavioral health (i.e., substance abuse and mental health). HPR’s major clients include the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Institutes of Health (NIH), private foundations, and state governments.
The Research Associate will work with senior HPR staff on a variety of research and operations-related topics and support various research tasks, including literature reviews, qualitative data collection and analysis, report preparation, proposal coordination, and management of budgets and schedules for proposals and projects.
1. Provide research support on HPR projects, including literature searches, data collection (from focus groups, interviews, secondary/archival sources), analysis of qualitative data, and report preparation.
2. Conduct analyses with analytic software for qualitative data (e.g., Atlas.ti, NVivo).
3. Provide managerial support on HPR projects including managing project budgets and schedules, coordinating project-related meeting and travel arrangements and interacting with clients.
4. Coordinate proposals, including ensuring all deadlines are met and all sections of the proposal are complete. Contribute to writing proposal sections.
5. Manage small to medium project tasks.
6. Interact with internal and external clients.
• Master degree, or Bachelor degree with commensurate experience, in a health-related field, such as health services research, health policy and management, health behavior and health education, epidemiology, economics, psychology, or sociology.
• 0-3 years of experience in the health field.
• Strong capabilities in and substantial course work in qualitative methods.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to manage complex projects, including monitoring budgets and schedules.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Acute attention to detail and strong work ethic.
• Experience with analytic software for data (e.g., Atlas.ti, NVivo).
American Institutes for Research - 9 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...