The Health Services Administrator (HSA) is the chief administrative manager of the on-site health services department. The HSA is accountable for the delivery of contract services and ensuring that Corizon is in compliance with all aspects of the client contract. The HSA is responsible for recruiting and hiring all personnel and accountable for interviewing and selecting contractual staff. In addition to managing the site budget, the HSA constructs and supervises an annual operational plan. The HSA is responsible for developing and maintaining positive, professional, collaborative relationships with clients (warden, supervisor, and/or equivalent client role) and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Administrator is responsible for a total of 22 FTEs. There are currently approximately 465 inmates housed at this facility.
- High Profile jail visited by ICE, VA DOC and is considered a best practice facility within both these agencies.
- The Sheriff at Arlington is the first female president of the VA Sheriff's Association. She is very connected politically in the Commonwealth.
- Whoever is chosen for the health administrator position will be able to connect with the correctional administration as well as the Sheriff. A lot of our success has been that Teresa and Karen have engaged and become a part of the Arlington Team.
- Help the Sheriff or other administration folks if they are sick
- Teach classes with MH to the different platoons on Medical Emergencies, MH Diagnosis, etc
- The Sheriff's Matra is "Partnering to make the justice system work"
- The Sheriff's standard of care is above most jails; she expects the Medical Department Management to be a "Team Member" with her staff.
- Develops and/or supervises the facility operational plan.
- Directs the activities of the assigned staff.
- Interfaces with Corizon Human Resources for the hiring and terminating of all site staff.
- Manages labor ensuring the site is staffed according to contractual commitments and supervises scheduling of all staff and Independent Contractors according to the Staffing Control Document (SCD).
- Coordinates or participates in the interviewing and selection of Independent Contractors.
- Submits timely and accurate reports to supervisor and/or corporate office including, but not limited to:
- Budget variances;
- Progress on the operational plan;
- Pertinent exceptional issues raised to the Medical Audit Committee;
- Pertinent issues affecting the contract; and
- Activities of all health service departments
- Ensures orientation of new Corizon personnel by conducting or coordinating all initial new hire and annual orientation and training activities.
- Ensures site utilization and compliance with all Corizon and applicable client systems and applications.
- Coordinates the Medical Audit Committee and facilitates the monthly meetings.
- Ensures compliance with ACA and/or NCCHC standards and Corizon clinical services and administrative policies and procedures.
- When appropriate, negotiates third party contracts for the institution.
- Assists with emergency care and responses (as qualified and when necessary).
- Meets regularly with the client (i.e. Warden, Supervisor, Contract Manager) to communicate about contract compliance, services provided, issues and client satisfaction.
- Adheres to and enforces all safety and security policies and procedures and participates in and ensures compliance with applicable safety/emergency drills.
- Follows and enforces all security regulations, including but not limited to keys, sharps, and controlled medications.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings at the site.
American Hospital Association - 20 months ago
Prison inmates can't really shop around for health plans, but depending on where they are held, they may have access to Correctional...