The Health Services Administrator (HSA) serves as chief on-site Administrator, responsible for the delivery of comprehensive contract services, including personnel selection / retention, budgeting and coordinating care with internal and external resources. Represents Corizon within the institution.
FACILITY INFO: The Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility currently houses 560 male inmates in this medium security facility. The site is located in Pine Bluff near the AR Regional Office, and currently has 13.425 FTEs. The medical unit is comprised of a dispensary with part-time dental services; there is no infirmary at the site. The facility houses a general mix of inmates who participate in education programs, substance abuse treatment plan, Paws in Prison, and a regional maintenance program. This site is currently fully staffed. Great site for someone looking to advance from a DON role.
- Manages the healthcare delivery system and coordinates with the other functions within the institution.
- Manages the budget and financial performance of the site.
- Develops and/or supervises the facility operational plan.
- Directs the activities of the assigned staff.
- Interfaces with Corizon Human Resources for the hiring and terminating of all site staff.
- Manages labor ensuring the site is staffed according to contractual commitments and supervises scheduling of all staff and Independent Contractors according to the Staffing Control Document (SCD).
- Coordinates or participates in the interviewing and selection of Independent Contractors.
- Submits timely and accurate reports to supervisor and/or corporate office including, but not limited to:
- Budget variances;
- Progress on the operational plan;
- Pertinent exceptional issues raised to the Medical Audit Committee;
- Pertinent issues affecting the contract; and
- Activities of all health service departments
- Ensures orientation of new Corizon personnel by conducting or coordinating all initial new hire and annual orientation and training activities.
- Ensures site utilization and compliance with all Corizon and applicable client systems and applications.
- Coordinates the Medical Audit Committee and facilitates the monthly meetings.
- Ensures compliance with ACA and/or NCCHC standards and Corizon clinical services and administrative policies and procedures.
- When appropriate, negotiates third party contracts for the institution.
- Assists with emergency care and responses (as qualified and when necessary).
- Meets regularly with the client (i.e. Warden, Supervisor, Contract Manager) to communicate about contract compliance, services provided, issues and client satisfaction.
- Adheres to and enforces all safety and security policies and procedures and participates in and ensures compliance with applicable safety/emergency drills.
- Follows and enforces all security regulations, including but not limited to keys, sharps, and controlled medications.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings at the site.
- RN required, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of two years of healthcare management experience, corrections setting preferred.
- Experience in personnel selection, training, scheduling, progressive discipline and termination.
- Excellent knowledge in the development and management of correctional health care delivery systems.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with the client, patients, staff, and the management team.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively.
- Possess the capacity to work in a high stress, high paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Computer experience in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Have a strong desire to have a significant role in the success of an innovative health services program.
Prison inmates can't really shop around for health plans, but depending on where they are held, they may have access to Correctional...