Follows specific rules and guidelines for performing clerical assistance for the Health Services. This involves direct contact with both students and clinical providers. Confidentiality is a key component of this position as is accuracy.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Immunization: Evaluation of immunization forms, input into the computer system, process of federally mandated immunization reports, process immunization procedures to achieve immunization compliance.
2. Answer telephones, greet patients, filing, typing. Set appointments.
3. Prepare and deliver medical and immunization notes to classes.
4. Answer to routine questions, such as information about medical insurance and Health Services’s policies.
5. Process daily statistics.
6. Preparation of needed documents, forms and educational materials required for the smooth running of the department.
7. Stocking and tidying of exam rooms at Health Services.
8. Expedite Cold Clinic and Cramp Clinic.
9. Shredding of legally outdated medical files.
10. Oversee student aids.
11. Inform Office Manager and/or Supply Consultant of needed supplies.
12. Maintain confidentiality.
A minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent required and a minimum of 2 years experience working in a college/university preferred. Must be proficient in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office suite software, and possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain and keep current with detailed procedures and requirements in accordance with previously established procedures, policies and regulations. Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse constituency.
Salary - $30,406 (86/0)
Days/Hours: 35 hrs. per week
Saturday 10-4 required
Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department
The Fashion Institute of Technology is a college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York (SUNY), with...