A leader in the background screening industry, Accurate Background is trusted by organizations worldwide. We focus on the development of robust delivery and distribution tools through the use of technology to create a positive client and candidate employment screening experience.
Our significant growth and ability to continuously win new business is largely based on the level of flexibility and customization our technology offers. Employers ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies in a wide range of industries have chosen Accurate Background because of our ability to adapt and streamline their background screening program based on each client’s unique hiring process.
Our customizable technology solutions and experienced, forward-thinking executive leadership has led to unprecedented growth. In fact, Accurate Background’s focus on technology and customer satisfaction has earned us nationwide recognition on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 in North America, HRO Today’s list of Top Screening Providers, and Workforce Management’s Hot List of Screening Providers.
Accurate Background continues to exceed expectations by offering an array of innovative and cutting-edge background check and credentialing products to meet the needs of human resource, loss prevention, and security/legal professionals in employment screening and vendor certification.
The Health Services Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to ensure organizational effectiveness in service delivery and fulfillment of drug testing and fingerprinting screening services. This role is accountable for the timely processing of results into the Accurate Background database. The position also entails following up on late results from vendors by contacting them via phone call and/or email. The position will review completed requests for accuracy, maintain service level commitments to customers, determine and document status of Health Services products, and contact vendors for timely completion of results. The position requires a strong attention to detail, ability to meet aggressive deadlines, and the tenacity to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
• Investigate inconsistent and inaccurate results with vendors
• Handle all escalated and expedited requests through external vendors
• Build and maintain relationships with Health Services vendors to ensure that they are meeting our fulfillment expectations and are in compliance
• Provide support and assistance to management with vendor production issues
• Build and maintain relationships with vendors for satisfaction and compliance
• Develop and maintain scorecards that monitor vendor performance and drive action towards increased value and reduced risk
• Coordinate and conduct vendor audits and manage vendor quality
• Oversee vendor performance improvement planning and execution
Pricing and Procurement:
• Negotiate pricing and make system adjustments as needed
• Maintain and audit stat fees and notify all affected parties
• Correct any pricing/fee discrepancies at the end of each month
• Add additional fees to affected external requests at the end of the month
• Seek and assign new potential vendors to assist with product delivery
• Manage vendor contracts, insurance, on boarding process, etc.
• Escalate potential integrations or package errors to appropriate departments
• Designated contact for technology issues for department, site issues, etc.
• Communicate potential improvements of external portal to product management and work with Programming and Development as needed
• Investigate potential errors on the vendor portal and relay to technical support
• Relay all information portal projects and fixes to the external vendor network
• Handle escalated issues, requests for information and process clarifications
• Work on email and phone communications; attend meetings as scheduled
• Project work as required and/or assigned
• Work with data and manipulate the information via Microsoft Excel
• Present information on professionally prepared PowerPoint decks
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Previous vendor management experience preferred.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Negotiating skills and influencing abilities
• Numerical and analytical aptitude and effective problem solver
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
• Type 60+ WPM
• Experience with a background screening or human resources firm a plus
• Self-motivated and proactive with great attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Conflict management and resolution
• Strong PC skills, including MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• You must be comfortable working in an organization that’s continuously growing, and be a self-starter who can identify areas for improvement without instruction.
• You need to be a fast-learner who isn’t afraid of making decisions.
• You need to enjoy learning the intricacies and fulfillment nuances of the background screening business and be able to simplify and communicate with others outside of the department, including clients and/or external customers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law.