Health Services Director
Job Location :
Brightview Westminster Ridge
FTR- Full Time
The Brightview Experience
... vibrant people creating vibrant communities
For over ten years, our Brightview communities have provided outstanding service and amenities coupled with personalized care for seniors. Some of our residents are seeking a vibrant retirement lifestyle in our independent living apartment homes, some require the services of assisted living and long-term care, still others find specialized Alzheimer's and memory care services in our "Wellspring Village". Across the range of our award-winning communities, Brightview has come to set the standard in senior living.
Located throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England states, our communities boast top quality architectural design and amenities. But it's not just the beautiful gardens, elegant restaurant style dining, fitness centers, on-site salons, grand pianos, or even lively pubs that make our communities special. They're filled with caring and compassionate associates who take great pride in making a difference in the lives our residents each day. Join us and you'll discover a rewarding career as a part of a team of passionate professionals who feel great about the work they do and the people they do it with. In short, Brightview is simply a great place to live and a great place to work.
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrates the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Work collaboratively with RSD to develop the overall clinical and service needs of the residents along with the management and scheduling of associates.
- Designs, documents, updates and ensures proper implementation of a comprehensive resident care plan in accordance with all state and local regulations and the highest standards of nursing practice.
- Provides nursing assessments, care oversight and quality assurance for all residents in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- M onitors and ensures the accurate delivery of medications to residents; including ensuring proper storage, distribution, re-ordering and discontinuation of medication(s).
- I nteracts with the resident’s physician, pharmacist and medical personnel as needed.
- Re views and signs all incident reports, ensures appropriate follow-up for all resident incidents, indentifies clinical trends, actively recommends and implements correction action and attends Safety Committee meetings.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and manages Licensed Nursing associates. Exercises clinical supervision of SRA, MedTechs, & RAs .
- Sets staffing standards and guidelines to meet BVSL service standards and to remain in compliance with any/all regulatory requirements.
- Reconciles resident billings/level of care charges to appropriately reflect the care and services the resident currently receives.
- Purchases clinical equipment/supplies in accordance with established budgets, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Participates in budget preparations and manages the department labor and service delivery expenses.
- Actively contributes to the internal community sales process and participates in external community networking and outreach.
- Particpates in Brightview's "Manager on Duty" program.
- Participates in and attends all in-service training and education programs as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Manages Licensed Nursing associates and exercises clinical supervision of Senior RAs, Medication Technicians and Resident Assistant associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with BVSL policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Graduate degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- RN required in MD, CT, NY, NJ communities; LPN minimum with RN strongly preferred in MA, VA, FL, PA communities.
- Experience in geriatric nursing or gerontology and dementia care (preferred).
- 2 years experience in a health care supervisory role.(preferred)
- Experience in medication administration and hands on personal care.
- Solid computer and keyboarding skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excelling written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group of associates, residents and family members.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and advanced problem solving skills to resolve complex and/or sensitive issues.
- Ability to function as a team leader as well as a work as a contributor in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Strong customer orientation to older adults.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.