Altarum Institute is seeking a Program Manager to lead a proposed multi-year Health Surveillance project for a strategic federal client in Silver Spring, MD. The Program Manager will lead all technical and project management activities for the project, which includes analyzing, interpreting, and disseminating information regarding the status, trends, and determinants of the health and fitness of military populations. The Program Manager will be the lead agent in providing regularly scheduled and customer-requested analyses and reports to policy makers, medical planners, and researchers regarding biosurveillance topics such as Avian Influenza/Pandemic Influenza, emerging infectious diseases, biological toxins, and the related Emergency Preparedness Plans.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Oversee the program management aspects of the contract to include budget, HR, monthly reports, quality of deliverables, subcontractors etc. Establishes and maintains appropriate staffing levels and resource needs to ensure operations standards are upheld.
• Manage and supervise a large, diverse staff; including: Subject Matter Experts, analysts, research assistants, epidemiologists, statisticians, programmers. Responsible for personnel actions for all related staff members on the project.
• Oversee the execution of research findings into innovative education opportunities.
• Analyzes and organizes technical data and reports into summaries for leadership. These summaries provide assessments and evaluation of studies and projects, define problems, and provide possible solution(s).
• Oversee the surveillance and response for emerging infectious diseases in military-associated populations.
• Coordinates tasks, responsibilities, and reporting requirements essential for daily operations.
• MS degree, PhD degree preferred.
• Experience leading large, complex DoD/MHS healthcare projects which require several subcontractors.
• Significant knowledge and experience in epidemiology and infectious disease.
• PMP certified.
• Experience in Biosurveillance, Avian Influenza, Pandemic Influenza, and chemical/biological toxins will be a determining factor.
• Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 21 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...