Prepares and compiles records in nursing unit of hospital facility by performing the following duties.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF EMPLOYEE'S SUBORDINATE POSITIONS:
- Performs patient related clerical duties necessary to assist the health care team as they provide care. The patient population would include: the adolescent patient, the young-middle aged adult patient, and the newborn patient.
- The unit secretary shall be responsible for the computer entry of patient information/registration and physician orders to ensure continuity of care.
- Demonstrates Service Orientation through the actions of listening to and understanding the patient and their families, while anticipating patient needs and giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- The unit secretary shall assure open and timely communication with the patient, their significant others and team members as directed by the registered nurse, to ensure the occurrence of therapeutic interventions.
- The unit secretary will be competent and current, adhering to established standards of practice and will engage in activities or behaviors that characterize professionals. Actively contributes to creating a work culture that values collaboration and teamwork.
- The unit secretary shall show respect for life, dignity, human worth and the individuality of each human being.
- Performs additional duties as assigned within the scope of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) if hired since 1/88. Prior to January, 1988, high school graduate or GED preferred. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Wilson Memorial Hospital - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -