As a key player of the Marketing team, you’ll develop and peer-review health content (ranging from articles to infographics) for internal use and partner publications. Most of your time will be spent writing health and wellness content, but you’ll also develop content explaining our programs and services. In addition, you will be responsible for content production and maintenance, ensuring that our content meets quality and brand standards.
Working with the One Medical provider team to develop content that enables our readers to make informed health decisions, you’ll also work closely with our community manager and our SEO specialist on social media and SEO efforts. The health writer will report to the Managing Editor.
- Identify trending (and ahead-of-the-trend) health and wellness topics with viral potential
- Pitch, research, and write engaging, relevant health and wellness stories
- Write copy, blurbs, and headlines for blog, site, newsletter, and social media communications
- Lead content production and maintenance, ensuring all content is accurate and up-to-date
- Ensure SEO best practices on all blog content
- Proofread, re-write, and ghostwrite content to be assimilated into new or existing content assets
- Perform basic proofing/editing support
- Help maintain content calendar and editorial style guide
- Ensure tone and imagery are consistent with brand guidelines
We seek the following attributes in a candidate:
- Born communicator with excellent writing skills
- Passionate about health and wellness
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Self-starter with collaborative, problem-solving mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with rapidly shifting priorities
- Extremely well organized and all about the details
- Keen eye for design and style
- Skilled at working with people who have different priorities and communication styles than you
- Ability to identify opportunities for business, team, and personal growth
- Self-aware about limitations and no qualms about asking for help
This position will be located at One Medical Group’s San Francisco office. Interested candidates, please submit a resumé and cover letter.
- 3+ years’ professional writing experience in a digital environment
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, PR or related discipline preferred
- Experience producing compelling stories for a consumer audience
- Proven ability to write and edit copy across multiple platforms, including social media
- Working knowledge of content management systems; Wordpress preferred
- Experience with health and wellness content
- Some editorial experience, or strong desire to learn
Headquartered in San Francisco, One Medical Group is transforming the customer experience in primary care medicine. Called “a new model for primary care that aims to set a nationwide example,” by The New York Times, we’ve rethought everything about the doctor’s experience and are leveraging technology and service to improve the quality and accessibility of care.
Our company is backed by top-tier venture capitalists and operates multiple offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Boston and Chicago with plans to continue expanding nationally. We are a smart and energetic team that is passionate about customer experience, technology and revolutionizing health care. Our management team members have degrees from top schools and have proven track records of success within startups and global consumer companies.
One Medical Group - 9 months ago
At One Medical Group, we are experts in the art and science of preventive health. From treating the root cause of an illness to combining...