EGW Personnel is a full-service, professional staffing firm specializing in direct hire and contract-to-hire staffing for clients located in Rochester, NY. We are currently searching for a professional and knowledgeable Health and Welfare Compliance Consultant with effective communication skills and sales experience for our well-established S&P 500 client. This 40-year old company employs about 400 people and manages approximately $45 billion in assets for individuals, corporate benefit plans, union pension and annuity funds, endowments, foundations, profit sharing plans, and 401(k) plans in all states.
- Act as ERISA subject matter expert to clients and consultants on unique legal and compliance issues and other regulatory developments affecting plans and programs. Provide consultation on strategy and design
- Assist Employee Benefit Service Teams with the design, implementation and administration of full flex cafeteria plans, HSAs, wellness programs and retiree health trusts
- Research federal, state and local laws, and answer questions posed by Employee Benefits Teams. Review Summary Plan Descriptions, service agreements, plan documents and other Health and Welfare plan documentation
- Interact with regulatory bodies (Department of Labor, the IRS, Department of Managed Health Care, Department of Health and Human Services, etc.) to identify and address new regulatory obligations related to Health and Welfare issues
- Review current developments in health and welfare plan legal/technical compliance, perform required research, prepare complex technical analyses, and develop market-differentiating advice and solutions
- Manage the development and distribution of client compliance materials, and the creation, maintenance and delivery of client compliance summaries and research tools including periodic newsletters and/or seminar materials
- Develop and presents onsite/offsite client seminars on state and federal mandates related to Health and Welfare issues
- Stay informed in field through research and continuing education to enhance expertise in various human resources and legal areas
- Travel to various office and client locations as needed
J.D. degree with 3-5+ years of legal experience in area of ERISA and health and welfare plans required
Must have GPA and SAT/ACT scores available
Advanced technical expertise in the areas of ERISA, IRAs, qualified plans, the Internal Revenue Code and relevant regulations needed
Must possess solid knowledge of employer sponsored health and welfare plan compliance issues
Knowledge and understanding of insurance pertaining to Employee Benefits also needed
Must have technical writing ability, the ability to interact successfully with executive-level clients to help identify and solve complex legal and technical issues on specific consulting projects and services, and the ability to work in ambiguous situations.
Full-time, Days. Direct hire. Rochester location with heavy national travel. Salary $110-125K plus bonus and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, health and fitness reimbursement, and educational reimbursement.
To apply for this job or to view other opportunities available, please visit: www.egwpersonnel.com/jobs to upload your resume and create a profile. If you have already created a profile with EGW Personnel, you can go to this site and update your resume or contact information.