The Healthcare Actuary creates monthly reports from health plan experience collected data; calculates plan liabilities and IBNR (incurred but not reported) amounts, prepares rate filings, evaluates potential provider financial issues, performs financial forecasting and assists in training and supervision of staff. This position also performs financial analyses as required and brings emerging financial issues to the attention of management.
- BA/BS required
- 4+ years managed/healthcareexperience required
- Experience with health plan operations, provider contracting, underwriting, and marketing strongly preferred
- Technical proficiency in healthcare actuarial practice required
- MS Office proficiency required, including strong Excel
- SQL-based systems proficiency required
- Must have passed 3+ actuarial exams
here to learn more about the Fidelis Care employee benefits
From humble beginnings in a 14-zip code area of Brooklyn in 1993, to presence in all 62 counties of New York State today, Fidelis Care's...