The Healthcare Actuary creates monthly reports from health plan experience collected data; calculates plan liabilities and IBNR (incurred but not reported) amounts, prepares rate filings, evaluates potential provider financial issues, performs financial forecasting and assists in training and supervision of staff. This position also performs financial analyses as required and brings emerging financial issues to the attention of management.
- BA/BS required
- 4+ years managed/healthcareexperience required
- Experience with health plan operations, provider contracting, underwriting, and marketing strongly preferred
- Technical proficiency in healthcare actuarial practice required
- MS Office proficiency required, including strong Excel
- SQL-based systems proficiency required
- Must have passed 3+ actuarial exams
here to learn more about the Fidelis Care employee benefits
Fidelis Care - 17 months ago
From its origin in 1993 as the Catholic Health Services Plan of Brooklyn and Queens, Inc., Fidelis Care has grown -- both in the scope of...