Altarum Institute is seeking a Business Analyst with a combination of healthcare and analytical expertise to join our Information & Technology Strategies (ITS) group to work in a very fast-paced, demanding, but rewarding, consulting environment.
ITS professionals develop and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies. Our staff members are sought for their expertise, leadership and integrity – we are researchers, developers and consultants working to leverage information technology to improve health and healthcare. This position is designed to contribute to multiple projects centered in health information technology. The Business Analyst will report to the Practice Area Lead, Public Health Systems; and will work out of our Ann Arbor, MI headquarters.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Consult with clients identifying their business needs
• Facilitate requirements gathering sessions
• Identify and gather business requirements
• Analyze and document business processes, workflows and use cases
• Work with technical staff to translate business requirements into functional requirements and specifications
• Develop testing, validation and implementation plans and processes
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three or more years of business analysis in health information technology
• Proven ability to interact directly with clients and effectively understand needs while managing expectations
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
• Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
• Knowledge of software engineering principles
• Knowledge and experience with any of the following topics is desired: healthcare organizations, public health, medical terminology, clinical work flow processes, electronic health records, interoperability standards, and HL7
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...