Healthcare Business Analyst
Humedica, a Venture Capital backed startup with offices in Boston, MA is looking
for smart, motivated people who are passionate about using information
technology to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of the health care
system. We develop analytic information systems for physicians and hospitals
and pharmaceutical manufacturers that extract and present data employing near
real time analytics. Humedica received the highest score in the KLAS 2011
Business Intelligence Report.
The environment is fast paced and innovative. Our team is highly
self-directed. We are looking for others to join us who will take ownership of
responsibility, work collaboratively and always look for ways to add to the
personal and professional growth of the company and their peers. Humedica offers
the opportunity for rapid advancement in responsibilities.
Humedica is looking for a clinically focused healthcare business analyst to join
their team. This is an ideal role for an analyst with experience working with
clinical data from a variety of different sources.. The candidate will work with
Lead Developers, Clinical Informaticists and DBAs to build databases from a
number of different source systems.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in working with clinical healthcare
data and data quality from its creation in the real world, through its
electronic representation and manipulation, to its use by health care
practitioners and quality managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with all constituents throughout the implementation process from
initial engagement to delivery of application solutions.
- Communicate with clients and developers to define and validate data
- Define cross-walks to integrate data from different types including
clinical, registration and billing. As well as different sources including
EMR’s, HL7’s, 837’s, Practice Management Systems.
- Assist with the extraction, transformation and load specifications and
business logic into application database.
- Communicate with clinical informatics specialists, product managers and
developers to ensure translation of requirements to IT solutions.
- Conduct analysis to ensure quality of data at various stages of its
- Work with all constituents in the day-to-day operational process of on-going
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelors degree in health sciences or information management or equivalent
- Working knowledge of health information systems
- Working knowledge of standard clinical terminologies and coding systems
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database systems
- Ability to analyze user requests, define requirements, develop project plans
and report conclusions
- Ability to work creatively and flexibly, both independently and as part of a
- Attention to fine details and work processes
- Desire and ability to learn new skills, systems and processes
- Good organizational, and written and oral communications skills
Additional Desirable Experience and Skills
- Working knowledge of hospital and physician practice operations
- Working knowledge of specific electronic medical records or claims systems
- Experience with HL7 standards
Humedica is a next-generation clinical informatics company that provides novel
business intelligence solutions to the health care industry. Through
cutting-edge analytics, Humedica connects patient information across varied
medical settings and time periods to generate a truly longitudinal and
comprehensive view of patient care. Humedica provides its partners and
customers with the informatics solutions necessary to improve, manage, and
succeed in today’s dynamic health care market. Humedica is defining knowledge
in health care.
Our compensation plans are highly competitive including, salary, stock options
and comprehensive benefits.
Our culture is intellectually rigorous, focused on solving daunting analytical
and technical challenges while supporting employees to maintain a healthy
balance of hard work and fun. We pride ourselves on the quality of our
employees, the importance of our mission and the clients we serve.
Humedica - 23 months ago