Job ID: 5819
We are currently seeking a Healthcare Compliance Specialist & Trainer to train hospital employees so they are compliant with the regulations relating to both bio-hazardous and hazardous waste. Assist with training hospital employee on proper waste segregation of all hospital waste streams. Provide consulting services to Stericycle’s large volume customers centered on the EPA, DOT, OSHA, and The Joint Commission. Increase profitability of each Integrated Waste Customer by moving waste from most expensive to least expensive method of disposal.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Train clinical and non-clinical staff to our systems, including explaining proper recycling, medical waste segregation and compliant disposal of hazardous waste. This training helps ensure IWSS customer meets annual waste diversion goals and increase the profitability of each account.
- Provide expert advice to customers in compliance issues with EPA, DOT, OSHA, and The Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Train Environmental Services Department on DOT Regulations related to medical waste to help customers meet DOT Requirements.
- Conduct Hazardous Waste DOT training to hospital employees who handle and ship hazardous waste in the hospital.
- Train Pharmacists, Nurses, and Environmental Services employee on proper disposal methods of pharmaceutical waste and other hazardous waste.
- Provide ongoing training following the implementation of the pharmaceutical waste program (aftercare).
- Conduct comprehensive waste stream survey to minimize waste generated by customers.
- Conduct a Regulatory Compliance Survey for customers to identify regulatory violations. The survey takes into consideration EPA, DOT, OSHA, and The Joint Commission Standards.
- Provide summaries of monthly activities on key issues.
- Manage customer satisfaction survey feedback.
- Assist the sales and operations team with start-up of new IWSS Customers
- Perform other related duties as required or requested
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree preferred, with experience in healthcare discipline preferred, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating detailed knowledge of OSHA and/or EPA-RCRA and/or U.S. DOT, and/or The Joint Commission Standards.
- Three or more years of experience in the healthcare industry, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating excellent working knowledge of medical waste issues and the healthcare industry, and consultative skills to effectively deal with customers.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of computerized customer database with proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Additional Information: Travel Percentage: 80%
Stericycle, Inc. is engaged in the management of regulated waste and providing an array of related services. The Company operates in the...