Altarum Institute is seeking a Staff Consultant within our Veterans Affairs Program Management (VAPM) Practice Area. The Staff Consultant will play an important role in helping our military clients plan, manage, and forecast health care services and beneficiary populations. Initially the Staff Consultant will provide on-site and remote assessments of a critical Veterans Affairs project that improves patient services by providing point of service devices to veterans. The Staff Consultant will be responsible for fostering stakeholder acceptance, improving operational efficiencies, and facilitating knowledge transfer at client sites in the Dallas, TX area.
Altarum is looking for an accomplished, talented, highly ambitious and motivated individual with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference to our Veteran population and other government entities. This position is for the term of a one year 1099 contract. After the initial year, successful consultants open to relocating to the Washington, DC area will have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse portfolio of projects across VAPM; including Program Management Office (PMO) support, quantitative business analysis, revenue cycle management, budget planning, financial modeling, performance measurement, policy implementation, compliance, process improvement, training and strategic communications.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Provide onsite and remote training to Veterans Affairs clinics and hospitals across the United States
• Develop facility status reports, monitor reports to track patient flow and identify issues, and offer recommendations for best practices
• Assist with developing communication and marketing strategies
• Present project deliverables and findings to senior client stakeholders and practice area leadership, as required.
• The Staff Consultant will be responsible for the quality of all deliverables produced under assigned contracts and will supplement efforts of team members to ensure quality standards are exceeded.
• Routinely assess current and strategic client needs, match them with Altarum practice area capabilities, develop innovative solutions and articulately present these solutions to the client.
Candidates for this position should possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred (MBA, MHA, MPH).
• Three (3) or more years of experience in management consulting or project management in a healthcare environment.
• Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce deliverables in tight timeframes.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills; must be comfortable making frequent presentations to senior managers and client stakeholders.
• Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to travel 50+% to client sites in the Dallas, TX region.
• Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Experience with federal healthcare systems, including the Veterans Health Administration, Military Health System, and the Indian Health System.
• Prior Big 4 or other large firm consulting experience.
• Revenue Cycle Management experience.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 13 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...