OPTIMAL Solutions Group is seeking a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician to join the Health Policy Research Center in conducting cutting edge projects in evaluating healthcare quality improvement plans, payment reform, and pay for performance systems. Our current work includes studies on health care financing and organization, public health and disease prevention, injury epidemiology, fraud waste and abuse, adolescent and school health, community health, hospital and ambulatory care quality indicators, disease management quality improvement. In collaboration with other clinical and research staff, the Associate will work on complex projects at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and other departments of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (i.e. AHRQ, CDC, HRSA, and SAMHSA).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Experience and Skills
- Provide technical support for the development and maintenance of clinical and nonclinical performance measures to assess managed care organization quality improvement activities;
- Provide subject matter expertise in the development of sophisticated IT systems and data analyses;
- Evaluate the quality improvement activities of managed care organizations;
- Ensure compliance with the procedural guidelines and quality standards of deliverables;
- Design, deliver, and document educational programs and technical assistance initiatives;
- Communicate to Center staff relevant facts on new developments in the areas of health IT, health informatics, and telemedicine; and,
- Perform research and project management tasks, as assigned; assist with other health policy projects and projects in Optimal’s other research centers, if necessary.
· Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician with current state license; BSN or MD required;
· at least 5 years’ experience in clinical nursing or as a physician;
· at least 2 years’ experience with quality and performance improvement program development and/ or implementation, and performance evaluation on standard quality measures (e. g. , NCQA, P4P incentive programs, risk mitigation programs);
· experience with a variety of methods and skills for adverse event monitoring and remediation, including root cause analysis and failure mode effect analysis; and,
· Extensive knowledge of the U.S. health care system, including Medicare and/or Medicaid.
Additional Desirable Experience and Skills
· Master’s in Nursing, Informatics, or healthcare administration fields;
· formal Informatics training (e. g. , Health Information Technology Certificate, Master’s degree);
· experience implementing electronic health records, including CPOE, decision support, and clinical documentation, in an outpatient environment;
· publications in the domain of health outcomes research and/ or informatics; and,
· participation in national Health IT and Quality organizations.
PLEASE NOTE : Qualified candidates will be contacted directly---NO CALLS PLEASE.
SUBMIT APPLICATION: Submit a resume and cover letter to OptimalJobs@optimalsolutionsgroup.com and include “HQPIA” in subject line.