The American Institutes for Research's (AIR) Health Program offers tremendous career opportunities at the heart of health care reform, evidence-based care and the future of public health. AIR health experts provide high-impact research, policy analysis, evaluation, communication, and technical assistance in a stable, yet growing and entrepreneurial environment. Our researchers apply diverse methodologies and interdisciplinary approaches to a variety of health issues, including health reform, delivery system improvement, health care cost and financing, performance measurement, access and disparities, and consumer engagement. Our communication work includes behavior-change communication, communication strategy, national health communication campaigns, and community engagement. Our pursuits are enhanced by the contributions of our web application, digital media, database management, conference planning, and creative and publication services groups. AIR’s Health Program offers a balance of depth, breadth, and collegiality in combination with professional development, leadership opportunities, competitive compensation, premier benefits and flexible work arrangements. Our work is mission-driven with a strong focus on improving the health and well-being of the American public, especially disadvantaged populations.
The Healthcare Reform Project Manager serves as a subject matter, learning, measurement, and improvement resource and project manager within AIR’s Health Program to work directly with clients, external experts, demonstration project participants and other AIR or partner resources on projects related to health care improvement. S/he works directly with the Program Model Leader to translate strategic vision into manageable program activities, including project plans and timelines, and supports project learning communities by contributing to and helping to manage the design, development, delivery and assessment of learning models, change packages and other relevant content.
The project involves engaging all appropriate stakeholders to build the will for improvement, clearly define goals and success, support implementation efforts, measure improvements towards the stated goals, and share successes among peers. The role of this position is to partner with, support, and ensure the success of the Learning and Diffusion Group at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The candidate should have strong skills in the area of quality improvement applied to innovative strategies for improving the delivery of and payment for care.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages project staff and task budgets and works with the Program Model Leader to define scope of work, standards, and timelines for all project deliverables.
- Develops and implements strategic plans and programs in coordination with Senior Project Management staff.
- Contributes to and manages activities related to project learning communities and work teams; helps develop and implement approaches, plans and programs needed to achieve objectives.
- In collaboration with Clients, Program Model Leader and expert resources, contributes to the design, development, and assessment of learning models/change packages/content and implements work plans.
- Manages and coordinates the delivery of all content across all platforms, including Webinars, Web platform, etc; ensuring that all content is effective and aligned with objectives.
- Supports the facilitation of project learning communities and other collaborative learning activities. Works with key project participants to develop skills, review performance, share lessons and best practices, and manage improvement processes.
- Helps to design, plan and implement assessment strategies, including metrics, data collection, analysis, feedback systems and reporting to guide improvement efforts. Helps design and implement project dashboards and other data sharing tools. Manages and carries out programs of feedback to participants based on defined metrics on an ongoing basis as part of an overall improvement/change management process.
- Works closely with external subject matter experts and faculty to design learning models, content, curriculum, learning activities, collaboration strategies for participants, measurement and assessment strategies to achieve objectives.
- Writes reports, prepares and makes presentations as required.
- Contributes to AIR business development efforts as needed and appropriate.
- Handles multiple tasks independently and simultaneously.
- Contribute to the development of strategic, subject matter, and quality improvement aspects of business for existing clients.
- Contribute to team efforts to develop new business, including proposal research and writing, willingness to work on new business efforts and developing contacts.
- Write major sections of proposals dealing with relevant areas of your expertise.
- Provide high quality work and client relations to enhance the company’s reputation. •Continually develop and remain current in professional and business/industry knowledge and demonstrate versatility and/or specialization for personal marketability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MA/MS in Health Care Administration, Public Health, Health Policy, Health Services Research or related field or MSN, MBA or equivalent with focus on health care management or quality improvement.
- 5 - 10 years experience in related field required.
- 3 – 5 years of project/task management in a leadership capacity.
- Significant experience working on quality improvement in health care, with at least one year experience working quality improvement program in health care.
- Familiarity with learning communities or other related collaborative learning activities within health care field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively develop and communicate information to clients and staff. Ability to analyze, interpret, and synthesize scientific, professional, and behavioral science research material into a variety of formats.
- Strong project management skills, detail oriented, ability to work within a fast-paced environment, and comfortable with complex projects. Substantive content knowledge on healthcare policy and/ or systems issues preferred. Ability to lead research assignments, be able to assist in developing surveys, and having some expertise in quality measurement would be preferred.
- A working knowledge in at least a few of the following areas: beneficiary engagement, Medicare Part D, HIT, Medicare claims data, integrated health delivery systems, Medicaid, population health.
- Certification and experience with IHI Breakthrough Collaboratives or Six Sigma/Lean approaches are highly desirable.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...