The Trainer position is a customer-facing role and has varying degrees of involvement with all areas of the Training Department as well as Product Management and Product Development. In addition to traveling and consulting on the implementation of our software, a Trainer also provides basic and advanced software training and consulting through client visits and other training/presentation settings. A Trainer delivers frequent web trainings, creates documentation and courseware, presents at trade shows, writes white papers, develops written materials, becomes a liaison between the client and both the Sales and Customer Support Departments, and provides training to Explorys staff. Our Trainers work in the office when they are not traveling or on-site with a customer.
- Create, maintain and enhance existing learning collateral including instructor guides, online learning, printed materials and job aids
- Provide training to clients, sales and customer support: product knowledge, client scenarios, new features, enhancements, TTT, sales demos
- Provide project management for clients serviced by the training department
- Create video training materials and presentations
- Present lessons and demonstrations using web conferencing tools
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the EPM: Suite assisting clients and internal users
- Receive at least 80% effectiveness rating from participants AND their supervisors for each session taught from at least 90% of participants
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required & Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree, Candidates should have a degree in education, adult-education, technical communication, instructional design, engineering, informatics, data science, computer science or other related fields
- Candidates must be well-versed in adult learning principles and practices
- Must have successfully taught advanced concepts to adult-learners.
- 5+ years’ experience in healthcare and training or education.
- Must be familiar with medical practice workflows, roles and teams.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple, concurrent projects for 1+ years.
Work Breakdown (% of monthly work time)
- Expected to embody and align with the organization’s core values: Ethics, Accountability, and Empowerment
- Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar; attention to detail
- Competent with operating systems and software
- Proficient with office suite software (e.g. MS Office)
- Competent with project management process
- Work independently with minimal supervision as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and refocus based on changing priorities
- Able to communicate effectively and patiently with both customers and employees
- Able to take ownership of projects and to show initiative
- Possess very strong analytical and cognitive skills
- Grasp concepts of current and future technologies
- Have knowledge of computer systems and networks, including understanding of LAN/WAN, Internet technologies, software development with respect to application software
- Update and develop courseware- 20-40%
- Maintain and update sales demo scripts- 10%-15%
- Validate scenario based testing scripts for QA and advanced product testing- 5-10%
- Test routine aspects of new software releases from 5-10 hours weekly- 10-25%
- Deliver 5 training sessions or demonstrations per month- up to 50%
- Deliver 1-3 webcast release-note presentations per month- 10-15%
Explorys provides a secure software platform that allows healthcare systems to aggregate, analyze, manage, and research their BIG DATA to provide better patient care in a rapidly changing healthcare market.
Explorys was founded in 2009 as an innovation spinoff from Cleveland Clinic. Originally inspired by physicians and informatics leaders, Explorys combines the most powerful healthcare computing platform in the world with solutions for clinical integration, at-risk population management, cost of care measurement, and pay-for-performance.
Explorys’ healthcare customers include some of the most prominent healthcare systems in the United States, together accounting for over $52 billion in care.
Our environment is fast moving, high energy, fun, and we are growing quickly! To learn more, visit http://www.explorys.com