*This is a Part-Time, As Needed position. Contract ends in September.*
This Healthy Babies Healthy Moms (HBHM )Counselor is accountable for providing assessment referrals and counseling to pregnancy and parenting young women, primarily ages 12 to 21, their families and fathers of the babies referred through our HBHM services. The goal of counseling is to help young parents have healthy pregnancies and births, full term and healthy weight babies, complete high school, delay a second pregnancy and provide effective and nurturing parenting to their babies. Counseling may be provided at the clients homes, schools and/or community locations during the day, evening or weekends. Our HBHM clients are low-income, primarily African-American and live in South DeKalb, South Fulton and North Clayton counties.
- Provide individual and family counseling to teen girls in our HBHM program
- Identify and link clients with appropriate resources
- Travel to clients homes, schools and community to meet clients and/or family members
- Provide on-going counseling to one of Families Firsts offices
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date clinical case records and other documentation according to established Agency procedures
- Adhere to Agency time and attendance, ethics and information technology policies and procedures
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Counseling or Professional Counseling.
- Three years of counseling experience and one year working with teenagers and one years working with families
- Licensed or seeking licensure by the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists.
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.
Families First - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Families First could not provide medical care, dental care and family support for our clientswithout significant support from the community...