Hearing Screen Coordinator
Pediatrix Medical Group,the nation's largest provider of neonatal and maternal-fetal physician services, has an exciting opportunity available for a Hearing Screen Coordinator.
Work Tasks and Duties:
• Performs hearing screens on newborns in the parent’s room (unless conditions do not permit) using guidelines and protocols established and approved by the NBHS management.
• Organizes, manages and tracks computer-based data in a timely and accurate manner, including but not limited to, completing payroll templates, uploading data, completing monthly statistics and monitoring and fixing edit reports.
• Responsible for state reporting of hearing screen results where applicable.
• Interfaces professionally and timely with parents, hospital personnel, physicians and management as needed.
• Responsible for facilitating refer process for all referred babies, including submission of all necessary documents to management and entering information in Soundata, as well as developing rapport with both refer families and local ENT/audiologists.
• Problem solves, documents and resolves NBHS issues within the program in a timely manner .
• Hires, performs initial and ongoing training to hearing screeners as needed and follows all relevant protocols for NBHS personnel.
• Provides strategic and adequate staffing utilizing certified NBHS screening personnel.
• Monitors and ensures employee files are up-to-date at all times and ensures all employees are in compliance with Pediatrix requirements as well as facility, OSHA, HIPPA and JCAHO requirements.
• Assesses and evaluates NBHS personnel regularly using the guidelines established by Pediatrix and appropriately documents and forwards relevant information to Pediatrix as requested.
• Monitors inventory of supplies as needed and communicates necessary adjustments to Regional Manager/Regional Coordinator.
• Submit all expense invoices for payment on a timely basis.
• Maintains hearing screen equipment, including annual calibrations, and notifies appropriate vendor and management of any issues.
• Observes, adheres to and enforces all established company and hospital policies and procedures, and participates in both company and hospital training/orientation when applicable.
• Follows proper protocols and reporting for risk management issues if they arise.
• Holds monthly meeting with program Medical Sponsor to review monthly program summaries and statistics.
• Holds routine staff meetings.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• Previous management or supervision experience preferred
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
• Detail and multi-task oriented
• Computer literate and familiar with Excel
• High level of verbal and written communication skills needed
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to delegate
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Prior experience with newborns and in a medical setting preferred
• Excellent people skills
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
MEDNAX, Inc. is a national medical group comprised of the nation's leading providers of neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and pediatric...