Want to learn more before applying for this role? Click here to view the Realistic Job Preview: Telephonic_Case_Manager_Optum.pdf
As a Heart Failure Disease Management Care Coordinator with OptumHealth, you will assist our members in managing their health through ongoing communication, education and care coordination.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Use clinical and critical thinking skills daily to track and determine membersâ€™ plan of care based on biometric screening data
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self management
- Interact with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinate care for members
- Make referrals to outside sources as needed
- Educate members on disease processes
- Encourage members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Document and track findings
- Utilize evidence based medicine criteria to determine if patients are in the correct hospital setting
Additional Preferred Assets:
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of North Carolina
- 2+ years of hands on clinical experience
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- Willingness to acquire CCM within 2 years of employment
- Must live within a commutable distance of the Greensboro, NC office location
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Nursing
- Previous Managed Care experience (case management/disease management, discharge planning, utilization/concurrent review, etc.)
- Experienced with Cardiac disease or Heart Failure patients
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...