Position Title: Heat Treatment Technician II
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Branch or Branch Operations Manager
Other Requirements: Works a fluctuating schedule dependant on project needs. Occasional out of town and overnight travel with or without notice.
Perform Heat Treatment services to a diverse client base.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assist technician III in set-up/tear-down of equipment; perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks, calibrations and overall equipment and facilities upkeep.
· Assist technicians in project execution and daily tasks associated with providing industrial maintenance services.
· Assist with proper documentation and reports of services provided.
· Learn and abide by company policies and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Performs other related duties assigned by supervisors.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must possess a minimum of two (2) years experience as a level I Heat Treat technician
· Must have current certification as a Level II Heat Treat technician or the ability to gain certification upon acceptance of position.
· Proven ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments
· Available and willing to travel to customer locations some overnight travel required
· The ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule.
· Able to read technical documents and engineering specifications.
· Able to follow precise directions and procedures.
· Must possess knowledge of basic equipment functions
· Must possess knowledge of advanced Heat Treatment techniques and procedures
· Must possess knowledge of basic Metallurgy & Mathematics Pertaining to Heat Treatment
· Must have prior experience with complex Heat Treatment setups
· Basic Supervisor Training and/or experience is preferred
· Knowledge of company Safety policies and procedures is preferred
· Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, supervisors, and co-workers.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
· Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card.
· Must possess an advanced knowledge of all applicable codes
· Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
· Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
· Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
· Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
· May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
· May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations;
· Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
· Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please select "Apply Now" to begin filling out your profile information.